Easy Pineapple Chicken Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for an easy Pineapple Chicken recipe you can make at home? One bite of this recipe and you will know why everyone comes back for seconds. Fast and easy to make this is definitely a chicken recipe you need in your life.
Pineapple chicken is right up there with the sweet and sour flavor combinations that so many people love. With this recipe, it is easy to make and is perfect for a weeknight dinner but can easily be served for guests.
That is the beauty of this recipe, it is easy to make and tastes amazing.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
What to Serve with this Chicken Recipe
Chicken is a very versatile dish and it can be extremely inexpensive when you stock up during sales. You can serve it with almost anything. I love that there are so many flavors that taste great with it. I like to serve pineapple chicken inside of half of the pineapple on a bed of rice. I think it looks so pretty that way. But when you need additional sides you can consider:
Of course, when you make this recipe, you need to serve dessert too. Here are some of my favorite easy desserts:
Variations to Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Want ways to change this recipe? You can try:
- Canned Pineapple– While fresh pineapple gives this pineapple chicken recipe a fresh bright taste if you do not have fresh pineapple available you can use canned.
- Oranges– If you love pineapple, you can add oranges to this mixture or replace the pineapple with oranges.
- Chicken Breast- While this recipe calls for chicken thighs, you can swap it for chicken breast.
What is in Pineapple Chicken Marinade
While this pineapple chicken doesn’t use a marinade, it could easily be changed to include a marinade. By using the ingredients for the sauce you can make a marinade. In that case, the marinade would include minced ginger, minced garlic, pineapple juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chicken broth, and brown sugar.
How to Store Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
After making the pineapple chicken stir fry, you might have leftovers. If you find that you have leftovers, you want to store it in an airtight container or wrapped well with plastic wrap. If you served this stir fry with rice, you can choose to store it together, the stir fry and the rice, together in the same container or stored separately. If you choose to store it together, the rice will soak up the sauce and create a heightened flavor in the rice.
How long Does Chicken Skillet Last
When making this chicken skillet recipe, it will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. It is important that the chicken skillet is stored properly because if not, it will spoil faster.
Can Pineapple Chicken be Frozen
Yes. If you find that you have leftovers that you will not finish before it spoils. freeze the leftovers immediately. The sooner the leftovers are frozen, the longer it will be fresh once you thaw it out. When you are freezing this pineapple chicken recipe, you will want to store it in an airtight container in freezer bags. This will prevent the meal from getting freezer burn.
How to Reheat Pineapple Chicken Stir fry
When you are ready to reheat this recipe, you will want to reheat it the same whether you have store the rice together with the stir fry or separately. You can reheat it on the stovetop in a skillet or in the microwave.
Ingredients in Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh pineapple
- Pineapple juice
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Chicken broth
- Brown sugar
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Pineapple Chicken
Step 1. Heat the oil up in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2. Cook the chicken stirring often, until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Step 3. Add in the red pepper and pineapple cubes. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the pepper begins to soften.
Step 4. In a separate bowl, mix together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and brown sugar.
Step 5. Pour the sauce mixture into the chicken mixture in the skillet, and simmer for several minutes.
Step 6. Mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water until smooth, and add it to the skillet. Stir to combine.
Step 7. Cook down the sauce until it has thickened.
Step 8. Top the pineapple chicken with chopped green onions and sesame seeds or garnish, and serve over rice.
Step 9. You can hollow out half of a pineapple and fill it with rice and the chicken mixture for serving as well.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Easy Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 Red bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 c. Fresh pineapple cut into cubes
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- ¾ c. Pineapple juice
- ⅓ c. Soy sauce
- ⅓ c. Hoisin sauce
- ⅓ c. Chicken broth
- ¼ c. Brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Green onions for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Heat the oil up in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the chicken stirring often, until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Add in the red pepper and pineapple cubes. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the pepper begins to soften.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice and brown sugar.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the chicken mixture in the skillet, and simmer for several minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water until smooth, and add it to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Cook down the sauce until it has thickened.
- Top the pineapple chicken with chopped green onions and sesame seeds or garnish, and serve over rice.
- You can hollow out half of a pineapple and fill it with rice and the chicken mixture for serving as well.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
I have some awesome meal ideas that I want to share with you. Check them out!
Instant Pot Chinese beef – Another one of my favorite meals is this easy Chinese beef recipe.
Instant pot cashew chicken – If you love cashew chicken you really need to try to make it in your instant pot. You’ll love how the flavors can buy and so perfectly.
Instant pot orange chicken – This chicken is tangy, spicy, and sweet.
Instant pot sesame chicken – Another fabulous dish is this sesame chicken. If you love making Chinese food at home you really need to taste this.