If you love a sweet pastry that is easy to make, you are going to love this strawberry galette. With almost no work to make it, this dessert is perfect for those who like to have dessert, but do not want to invest a lot of time in it.
What are a Galettes
Galettes are a very simple recipe that uses pie dough and a fruit filling. The difference between a galette and a pie is that with a pie, you are forming the pie. With galettes, you are simply placing the filling on the pie dough and then wrapping the pie dough around it. It is relatively formless. The galette is baked around the filling to create a simple yet delicious dessert.
What to Serve with this French Dessert?
This is a great dessert to make when you want something easy to make that won’t take much time. Because this French dessert is so delicious, your friends and family do not need to know just how easy it was to make. When you are serving this dessert, you want to makes something that tastes amazing for dinner as well. Here are some easy dinner ideas that you will be excited to serve to your guests.
- Garlic Herb Potatoes and Steak Skillet – You can’t find a more filling and hearty meal than this skillet garlic butter herb steak and potatoes recipe. Sometimes you just get a craving for some protein, and this dish fits the bill.
- Instant Pot Shawarma – This scrumptious Instant Pot shawarma recipe tastes so amazing; you can’t get enough. When I think of pork shawarma, my mouth will literally begin to drool. The shawarma spices are tasty and pair perfectly with the pork.
- Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe – These are the ultimate garlic butter meatballs with zucchini noodles! With every bite of these low carb meatballs, you will be yearning for the next one!
- Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Roasted Vegetables – Oh, the things I can’t wait to tell you about this baked lemon pepper salmon! Baked salmon is flavorful, nutritious, and really easy to make.
- Cheesy Stuffed Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice – These cheesy stuffed turkey meatballs served with easy cauliflower rice are a dinner the family will be asking you to make again and again.
How to Store a Strawberry Galette
When you have made this galette, you can store it on the counter at room temperature for up to 3 days or you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week and a half. No matter where you store the french dessert, you will want to make sure it is wrapped well to prevent it from being exposed to the air. The air will make the dessert taste stale and hard. This will cause it to spoil sooner.
Can the Dessert be Frozen?
If you find that you have more dessert than you can eat in the time before it spoils, you can also freeze the leftovers. You can cut it into individual pieces in order to be able to take out a serving at a time or you can keep the galette together and freeze it in one piece. No matter what size it is in, be sure to wrap it well with plastic wrap. I like to wrap it a few times, then place it inside a freezer bag. This protects it from getting freezer burn. The dessert can be frozen for up to 3 months. I like to write everything about the dessert on the freezer bag, like what it is and when it was made. This way, nothing gets wasted because it spoils in the freezer.
How to Serve the Strawberry Dessert
After the dessert has come from the oven, give it time to cool. This lets the filling gel and stay together. I like to serve it while it is still a little bit warm. Add some whipped cream or vanilla strawberry ice cream over the galette and enjoy.
Ingredients in Easy Strawberry Galette Recipe
- premade pie crusts
- fresh whole strawberries
How to Make Easy Strawberry Galette Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Allow pie crusts to sit at room temp (or follow directions on box to thaw, if frozen).
Add sugar to strawberries in a bowl and stir until coated.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Open pie crusts and put half of the strawberries in the center of each crust.
Begin to fold crust over the center, leaving a “hole” in the middle showing the strawberries.
Do this by folding one side of the crust toward the middle, then the next, adding a little water if needed, and pinch seams.
(This is easiest done on the baking sheet so you don’t have to lift it up and place in on risking spilling.)
Beat the egg with water and brush over crusts.
Sprinkle crust with a bit of sugar.
Bake for 20-22 min, until crust is golden brown and cooked through.
There will probably be some juice that comes out while cooking.
If there is a lot of juice, avoid the crust from getting soggy by transferring to a wire rack with baking sheet underneath to catch any drips.Print
Looking for a delicious galette recipe? You need to try this one. Flakey and sweet, this strawberry filled dessert is the perfect refreshing dessert.
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 4 C. small fresh whole strawberries
- ⅓ C sugar, plus a pinch for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Allow pie crusts to sit at room temp (or follow directions on box to thaw, if frozen).
- Add sugar to strawberries in a bowl and stir until coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open pie crusts and put half of the strawberries in the center of each crust.
- Begin to fold crust over the center, leaving a “hole” in the middle showing the strawberries.
- Do this by folding one side of the crust toward the middle, then the next, adding a little water if needed, and pinch seems.
- (This is easiest done on the baking sheet so you don’t have to lift it up and place in on risking spilling.)
- Beat the egg with water and brush over crusts.
- Sprinkle crust with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 min, until crust is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool.
- There will probably be some juice that comes out while cooking.
- If there is a lot of juice, avoid the crust from getting soggy by transferring to a wire rack with baking sheet underneath to catch any drips.
*if you don’t have small strawberries, then cut large ones in half to measure out 4 cups.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: french
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂