This BBQ Pulled Slow Cooked Pork Sandwiches recipe is the secret to making the BEST BBQ pulled pork sandwiches you’ll ever taste in your life! The pork absolutely melts in your mouth and the hands-on time is so minimal it’ll become your go-to for any BBQ dinner.
This BBQ Pulled Slow Cooked Pork Sandwiches is going to be a smash hit for the family or any time you need to feed a crowd easily. Warmer weather is coming and so are family get-togethers. I am so looking forward to spending time with family I haven’t seen in a while and being outside instead of cooped up inside like we have been all winter.
So many times recipes to feed crowds leave so much cleanup, but that’s not the case with this BBQ pulled pork sandwiches as these slow cooker sandwiches are made completely in the slow cooker. You can even serve from the slow cooker and keep the package of buns to the side for easy serving and even easier clean-up!
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
You can pair it up with some macaroni and cheese for the kids or if you’re eating low carb, just serve a portion of the meat with some veggies. I know that so many times I am asked to make tacos in our house and so using this Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork as the meat in tacos will spice things up a little bit from the normal tacos we usually make. Some of our favorites to pair with this slow cooker pork tenderloins are:
- Garlic Lemon Oven Baked Zucchini
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
Variations to BBQ Pulled Pork for Sandwiches
When I put together this recipe, I wanted something that would be easy to put together and also be able to be versatile if you need to change something up. Even though this recipe is geared towards making sandwiches with the BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, there are so many other ways to serve it.
- This recipe has a few secret ingredients but uses bottled BBQ sauce to keep the prep time easy. The type of BBQ sauce you use will change the flavor a bit, making the possibilities almost endless. Depending on your tastes, you can choose a spicy or sweet BBQ sauce or do a mix of both.
- Try a Different Sauce. While this is a BBQ pulled pork, you can use another flavor of sauce to take this meal in an entirely different direction.
- Add Vegetables directly to the meat in the slow cooker and let them soak up the flavors of this dish.
How to Store Pulled Pork Rub Sandwich Leftovers
This definitely hits it right on with a BBQ Pulled Pork that people are going to be sharing and talking about after trying it. This meal is so perfect for a family get together or any pot luck. This will totally become a staple to make so that you can even have leftovers for other meals. If you make it for just your family, you can enjoy it for two totally different meals. I like to do this sometimes, serving up BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches the first night and then using the leftovers for some of the meal ideas mentioned above.
When storing the pulled pork rub sandwich leftovers, you will want to make sure to store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. If you choose to leave the pulled pork meat in the slow cooker, be sure to cover it well with plastic wrap. Keeping the air out of the meat will make it last longer.
If storing it in a separate container, be sure to get all the delicious sauce with it when you transfer it. This adds great flavor and keeps the meat moist.
How to Reheat Pork Shoulder Slow Cooker
This pulled pork can be reheated in three ways. It can be reheated in the slow cooker. This is a much slower way to reheat the pork, but if the pork was stored in the slow cooker, it is a convenient way. It can be heated in the oven or on the stove top or it can be reheated in the microwave.
Ingredients in BBQ Pulled Slow Cooked Pork Sandwiches
- Pork shoulder roast
- BBQ sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
How to Make BBQ Pulled Slow Cooked Pork Sandwiches
Place all of the ingredients except the salt, pepper, and pork into the crockpot, and stir to combine them well.
Season the pork shoulder roast with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the pork roast into the crockpot and turn it several times to coat it in the sauce.
Cook the pork on high temperature for 6 hours.
Remove the pork from the crockpot, shred with a fork, and return to the sauce until serving.
Serve on top of your choice of hamburger buns with additional BBQ if desired.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
BBQ Pulled Slow Cooked Pork Sandwiches makes the most divine BBQ pulled pork sandwiches you’ve ever tasted, with little prep and no mess.
- 4–5 lb. Pork shoulder roast
- 2 c. BBQ sauce
- ½ c. Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c. Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Thyme
- 1 ½ tbsp. Chili powder
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place all of the ingredients except the salt, pepper and pork into the crockpot, and stir to combine them well.
- Season the pork shoulder roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pork roast into the crockpot and turn it several times to coat it in the sauce.
- Cook the pork on high temperature for 6 hours.
- Remove the pork from the crockpot, shred with a fork, and return to the sauce until serving.
- Serve on top of your choice of hamburger bun with additional BBQ if desired.
Make sure you check our favorites recipes below:
Best Chicken Marsala Recipe for Slow Cooker – Delicious meal to serve to guests or any night you want to treat yourself.
Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker – One of my favorite budget slow cooker meals, Make some tonight or freeze some for later.
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings – traditional chicken and dumplings, you’ll love this easy crockpot chicken recipe!
Instant Pot Detox Fat Flush Soup – This soup is not only tasty it is a great soup cleanse.