Looking for an easy cupcake to help celebrate the new Mary Poppins movie? These cute Mary Poppins Vanilla Cake Mix Cupcakes are perfect for any Mary Poppins fan.
Easy Mary Poppins Vanilla Cake Mix Cupcakes
Mary Poppins is was a story I grew up watching. Who didn’t love the idea of a magical babysitter who made everything better and took you on great adventures? I was excited to hear about the new movie, and it did not disappoint. I thought, what better way to celebrate my childhood memories than with a cupcake dedicated to the best nanny of all time.
These are simple cupcakes to make, although everyone will think it took hours of hard work. No need to correct them.
What is the Best Cake Mix for a Cake Mix Cupcake
There is no one cake that is better than another when it comes to cake mix cupcakes. You cna use whatever brand or flavor that you like. I like to buy the ones with pudding in the mix, but that is a personal choice. You can buy whatever you like and these cake mix cupcakes will taste great.
How Can I Make a Cupcake Mix Moist
When making cupcakes, everyone wants to make sure that the cupcakes stay moist. A dry cupcake is the worst. This is one of the reasons I choose to use a cake mix with pudding in it because it helps keep the cupcake moist. Whenever I make cupcake mix I make sure to use:
- Oil instead of butter – If the mix you buy calls for butter, swap it for oil. You would use about 3/4 cup oil instead of using 1 cup of butter.
- Applesauce– If you are trying to make sure the cake is moist and make it a little lighter, you can substitute apple sauce for the oil. For best results take the amount of oil and split it half. Use half the oil and the other half apple sauce.
Should I use Homemade Fondant for the Umbrellas
How long are Mary Poppins Cupcakes Good?
Whenever you make cupcakes, if stored properly the cupcakes will last about 4 days. Cupcakes should be stored at room temperature whenever possible, unless the cupcakes have something that will spoil, like cream cheese frosting or filling. Thes cupcakes can be stored at room temperature. The best way to store the cupcakes is to make sure they are covered well to protect the Mary Popkins cupcakes from the air. This will make the cupcakes spoil faster.
Ingredients for Vanilla Cake Mix Cupcakes
- white fondant
- small circle fondant cutter
- powdered sugar
- fondant rolling pin
- blue edible spray
- black cookie icing
- French Vanilla cake mix
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- whole milk
- pure vanilla extract
- Red and white striped cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
- heavy whipping cream
- large piping bag fitted with a star tip
How to make Marry Poppins cupcakes
Umbrella fondant pieces Directions
Sprinkle powdered sugar onto a cutting board
Place the white fondant onto the cutting board and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness
Use the fondant cutter and cut out 22 circles
Use the blue spray and spray around the edges of the circle leaving a little bit of white in the center
Using the black icing, pipe an umbrella into the center
Allow to air dry for a few hours before making the cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350.
Line cupcake pan with the cupcake liners
In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract, stir until combined
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
Scoop frosting into the piping bag
Frost the cooled cupcakes
Place the fondant pieces into the frosting
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- Umbrella fondant pieces
- 1 tube of white fondant (Found at Michaels)
- 1 small circle fondant cutter (Found at Michaels)
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 fondant rolling pin (Found at Michaels)
- 1 can of blue edible spray
- 1 tube of black cookie icing
- 1 box of French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 1TBSP pure vanilla extract
- Red and white striped cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 large piping bag fitted with a star tip
Umbrella fondant pieces:
- Sprinkle powdered sugar onto a cutting board
- Place the white fondant onto the cutting board and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness
- Use the fondant cutter and cut out 22 circles
- Use the blue spray and spray around the edges of the circle leaving a little bit of white in the center
- Using the black icing, pipe an umbrella into the center
- Allow to air dry for a few hours before making the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with the cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract, stir until combined
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag
- Frost the cooled cupcakes
- Place the fondant pieces into the frosting
Want More Cake Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – This flavorful pumpkin spice coffee cake is a yummy treat just in time for all the fall weather that’s coming. Once you taste this pumpkin coffee cake, you will feel like you are living in food heaven.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These fantastic and scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for fall weather! Every single bite is utterly delicious and hits the spot when you are craving all things pumpkin.
Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake – Moist, delicious lemon blueberry coffee cake is mindblowing good. The aroma of baking the lemon blueberry dessert will make you drool and wish that time could go faster. The tangy flavors of the lemon coffee cake will leave you begging for more.
Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Easy and delicious, this Instant Pot apple cake will knock your socks off! This apple cake has just the right amount of cinnamon, and Granny Smith diced apples. When the weather cools, and apples are in season. It’s so fun to come up with lots of different apple recipes.
Strawberry Pound Cake – Sweet, moist strawberry pound cake is the perfect crowd pleasing dessert! I can’t wait to share with you my favorite strawberry pound cake recipe because I know you are going to be hooked.
Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake – These pumpkin caramel latte cupcakes combine two of fall’s most popular flavors and taste phenomenal. You will be in food heaven when you bite into the moist cupcakes and taste the cinnamon frosting and caramel drizzle.
Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake – This Better Than Sex Cake Pumpkin Cake is the best pumpkin cake recipe you’ll ever make. There’s only a handful of ingredients, so it’s easy to make, and it’ll impress everyone you know!