One Pot Texas Hash
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Who says Tex-Mex can only be enjoyed in a restaurant? This One Pot Texas Hash proves that you can make a delicious and hearty dinner right at home, without all the fuss.
This One Pot Texas Hash is a hearty and delicious meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. With a combination of ground beef, potatoes, onions, and bell peppers, this dish is sure to please the whole family!
The beef is cooked in a single skillet until it’s browned, then combined with the potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and spices to create a flavorful and savory dish. This one pot dish is not only easy to make, but it’s also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you may have in the fridge. The flavors of this dish come together to create a comforting and satisfying meal that will have everyone coming back for more!
Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover meat or veggies you might have on hand. So why not give it a try tonight? You won’t be disappointed!
Why do I love One Pot Texas Hash?
- Easy to make – One Pot Texas Hash requires minimal preparation, making it ideal for busy weeknights.
- Versatile – This recipe can be easily customized to suit individual tastes, with the addition of different vegetables and proteins.
- Economical – With simple ingredients like potatoes, onions, and ground beef, this recipe is a budget-friendly meal.
- Delicious – The combination of flavors in One Pot Texas Hash creates a delicious and hearty meal that the whole family will love.
- Nutritious – This recipe is packed with protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates, making it a great choice for a well-balanced meal.
- Easy to clean up – Since it’s made in one pot, there’s no need to worry about a sink full of dishes afterward.
So if you’re looking for a delicious family dinner that’s both easy and satisfying, give this texas hash a try. You won’t be disappointed!
One Pot Texas Hash Tips
There are a few quick tips to keep in mind when making this texas hash.
- First, make sure you have enough liquid to cover the ingredients in the baking dish. This will ensure that everything cooks evenly and doesn’t dry out.
- Next, if you’re using fresh vegetables, be sure to pre-cook them before adding them to the texas hash casserole.
- Finally, for extra flavor and texture, try adding some shredded cheese on top just before serving!
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chili powder
- Onion chopped
- Uncooked long-grain white rice
- Ground mustard
- Green bell pepper chopped
- Black pepper
- Tomato paste
- Ground beef
- Minced garlic
- Diced tomatoes undrained
- Olive oil
- Shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
How to make One Pot Texas Hash:
Step 1. Add the oil to a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
Step 2. Place the ground beef, onion, and peppers in the skillet, and saute until the meat is browned and the vegetables have softened. Drain the excess grease.
Step 3. Reduce the heat to medium, and stir in the garlic, chili powder, ground mustard, salt, and pepper.
Step 4. Saute for 1 minute.
Step 5. Mix in the tomato paste, and rice. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
Step 6. Pour in the water, diced tomatoes, and worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 7. Remove the lid and stir well before serving.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
One Pot Texas Hash
- 1 ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ½ tsp. Chili powder
- 1 Onion , chopped
- ½ C. Uncooked long grain white rice
- ½ tsp. Ground mustard
- 1 C. Green bell pepper , chopped
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 C. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 14.5 oz. Diced tomatoes undrained, I a 14.5oz can
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Add the oil to a skillet over medium high heat on the stove.
- Place the ground beef, onion and peppers in the skillet, and saute until the meat is browned and vegetables have softened. Drain the excess grease.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and stir in the garlic, chili powder, ground mustard, salt and pepper. Saute for 1 minute.
- Mix in the tomato paste, and rice. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the water, diced tomatoes and worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir well before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
One Pot Texas Hash Variations
The beauty of texas hash is that you can switch up the ingredients to suit your tastes and preferences.
- If you like a bit more heat, add in some diced jalapenos or hot sauce. If you prefer it milder, use mild green chiles or leave out the peppers altogether.
- You can also mix things up by using different types of meat – why not try ground beef, turkey, pork or even sausage?
- And for vegetarians, this texas hash casserole is just as tasty with beans instead of meat.
- Finally, don’t forget about all the delicious veggies! Anything from bell peppers and onions to zucchini and mushrooms works great in texas hash.
So get creative and see what combinations you can come up with! No matter how you make it, one thing is for sure – texas hash is a comforting and delicious dinner that the whole family will love.
What type of meat is used in the recipe?
This Texas hash recipe calls for ground beef. You could also use cooked roast beef, steak tips, smoked sausage, or ground sausage. It would also be fine to use ground chicken or ground turkey instead of beef.
What vegetables are included in the recipe?
The only vegetables in this dish are tomatoes, onions, and peppers, but it’s easy to customize. Feel free to add carrots, peas, celery, mushrooms, or potatoes to the hash.
How long does it take to cook the dish?
It’s fast to make and can be whipped up in 25-30 minutes. It’s an excellent option for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking or need something fast.
Is there a specific type of potato recommended for the recipe?
This Texas hash casserole doesn’t require any potatoes. However, you can certainly add some diced Yukon gold or russet potatoes. They will make it heartier and more filling.
What seasonings are used to add flavor to the dish?
This Texas hash has a combination of Worcestershire, chili powder, ground mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper to give it the ultimate flavor. You can add in other seasonings to your liking. Just don’t go overboard with seasonings without taste testing it first.
Are there any substitutions that can be made to the recipe?
Yes, you can swap ground beef for your favorite protein. Additionally, it’s fine to use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice. It’s also okay to use a different variety of cheese, like mozzarella or provolone, instead of cheddar.
How many servings does the recipe make?
It makes 4 servings, but you can double or even triple it if you’d like.
How to store One Pot Texas Hash
Store cooled leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. It will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet over medium-high heat. You can also microwave it for 1-2 minutes.
Make ahead instructions
Brown the beef, onions, and peppers in a skillet. Refrigerate the hamburger and remaining ingredients (except the rice) in an airtight container for up to 1 day. Then add the rice and finish cooking.
More Easy Recipes
Stuffed Pepper Skillet – Easy and family-friendly dish.
Easy Taco mac and Cheese – Super cheesy and flavorful.
Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole – Everyone will love this tasty meal.
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole – Cooks quickly and tastes great.