Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole is a delicious and easy meal to prepare. It is a comforting dish with a creamy and cheesy texture. The chicken and the biscuits are combined with a creamy sauce to create a unique and flavorful meal.
The dish is made with simple ingredients and is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
We all know that a biscuit is a perfect vessel for all sorts of savory toppings. In this recipe, we take advantage of that fact by stuffing them full of shredded chicken and cheese, then baking them into an easy and delicious casserole dish.
You can make this for a quick weeknight meal, or even bring it to a potluck or party! Everyone will love this crowd-pleasing dish.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole?
I love chicken bubble biscuit bake casserole because it’s a quick and delicious dinner that is sure to please everyone. The biscuits are soft and fluffy, and the chicken and cheese combination gives it a satisfying flavor. Plus, you can easily customize this dish by adding in your favorite seasonings or vegetables!
This chicken bubble biscuit bake casserole is also great for meal prep – just make a big batch ahead of time, then divide it into individual servings. Then all you have to do is heat up each portion as needed throughout the week! Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight solution or trying to feed a crowd, chicken bubble biscuit bake casserole will be sure to hit the spot.
Why Is It Called A Bubble-up Bake?
Because as it bakes, the biscuits sort of bubble up. Bubble-up bakes have been around for a long time, and you can add all sorts of ingredients.
Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole Tips
Here are some tips for making the perfect chicken bubble biscuit bake casserole:
- Use shredded chicken for best results; it blends better with the biscuit dough and cheese.
- Make sure your biscuits are good quality – look for ones that are soft, fluffy, and have no lumps or bumps.
- For extra flavor, mix in a few teaspoons of your favorite herbs or spices to the chicken mixture before baking.
- If you like a crunchy topping, sprinkle on some crushed crackers or breadcrumbs before baking!
- Don’t forget to check if your chicken is cooked through before serving – use a meat thermometer to be sure!
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cooked bacon crumbled
- Sour cream
- Refrigerated biscuits
How to make Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole:
Step 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2. In a bowl, mix together the sour cream, soups, chicken, Ranch seasoning, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, and bacon.
Step 3. Slice the biscuits into fourths.
Step 4. Mix the biscuit pieces in carefully with the chicken mixture.
Step 5. Spread the mixture into a well-greased 9×13 baking dish, and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
Step 6. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole
- 2 C. Shredded cheddar cheese , divided
- 3 C. Shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp. Ranch seasoning mix
- 2 Cans Cream of chicken soup
- ¼ C. Cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 ½ C. Sour cream
- 12 oz. Refrigerated biscuits, I used a can if 12oz
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream, soups, chicken, Ranch seasoning, 1 cup of cheddar cheese and the bacon.
- Slice the biscuits into fourths.
- Mix the biscuits pieces in carefully with the chicken mixture.
- Spread the mixture into a well greased 9×13 baking dish, and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Chicken Bubble Biscuit Bake Casserole Variations
Switch up this chicken bubble biscuit bake casserole by adding your favorite flavors and ingredients.
- For a Mexican twist, try using spicy taco seasoning mix instead of herbs, or throw some diced bell peppers in with the chicken.
- You can also add different types of cheese – white cheddar, pepper jack, or even shredded mozzarella will all work great!
- If you want to lighten up the dish, use low-fat chicken and reduced-fat biscuits and cheese.
- For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken with cooked lentils or black beans for a tasty plant-based meal.
- You can also make it vegan friendly by leaving out the cheese and substituting dairy-free alternatives like coconut cream or vegan cheese shreds.
Can I Use Something Else Besides Rotisserie Chicken?
Yes, you can use canned chicken (rinse and drain first), shredded chicken breasts, or turkey. It’s best to use poultry because it will taste best with the other ingredients, but it’s fine to experiment and add different meat.
Is There Any Way To Make This Recipe Vegetarian?
Yes, simply leave out the chicken. You can swap the chicken for black beans or lentils to get some protein and make it more satisfying.
Freeze Chicken Pot Pie Casserole:
Place in a sealed freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating. Keep in mind that the texture will be different when it’s reheated.
- You can use store-bought or homemade biscuits for this casserole.
- Check the biscuits to ensure they are done before serving; no one wants raw biscuits.
- You can make a half batch or a double batch to accommodate how many people you are feeding.
Prepare the filling and place it in a baking dish. Don’t add the biscuits until you are ready to bake. The filling will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Other Great Pantry Casserole Recipes:
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole – Cheesy, and everyone will love it.
Jalapeno Popper Casserole – Made with simple ingredients but is big on flavor.
Meat and Potato Casserole – Hearty and filled with comforting ingredients.
Hamburger Supreme Casserole – You’ll go wild over this casserole!