Coconut Cloud Martini

Coconut Cloud Martini {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I love coconut! Coconut cookies, cake, pie, ice cream-I love them all! So when I first tasted this Coconut Cloud Martini at the Tommy Bahama Restaurant on the Big Island of Hawaii last October, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I was determined to recreate that tropical cocktail in my own kitchen as soon as the weather warmed up.

Coconut Cloud Martini {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

This Coconut Martini is super easy to make. Just pour White RumCoconut Rum, vanilla vodka and cream of coconut into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake, strain and garnish with toasted coconut. Just one sip will have you dreaming of white sandy beaches in no time! ;)

Coconut Cloud Martini

Yield: Serves 1

Ingredients:

1 part white rum
1 1/2 parts vanilla vodka
1 1/2 parts coconut rum
1/2 part Cream of Coconut

Fill a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. Add white rum, vanilla vodka, coconut rum, and cream of coconut. Shake 20 times and strain into martini glass. Garnish with toasted coconut. Serve immediately.

Coconut Cloud Martini {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

One Year Ago: Black Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Black Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

Two Years Ago: Patriotic Red, White and Blue Cake Balls Patriotic Red, White and Blue Cake Balls {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

Three Years Ago: Marinated Baked Pork Chops Marinated Baked Pork Chops

7 Responses to “Coconut Cloud Martini”

Liz — June 28, 2014 @ 1:54 pm

Sounds so good. Thank you.

Regina — June 28, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

Did you make enough to share? Wish I had one right now as we are 98 degrees in the shade. Sounds like a fantastic way to cool off!!!!

Patrice — June 28, 2014 @ 5:57 pm

Oh wow Christina, those sound delicious! Can’t wait to try them!
    I’m a coconut lover also, but not when mixed with chocolate for some reason.

I have a recipe for the yummy “Painkiller Cocktail” courtesy of ‘Soggy Dollar Bar’ in the Virgin. Is. Forget where I found it, maybe in a magazine.

• Christina replied: — June 28th, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

That’s so funny that you mention a Painkiller, Patrice! That’s actually one of my favorites to make during the summer. The Soggy Dollar Bar is on my list of places I’d like to visit. A few years ago we vacationed in St. Thomas and we were planning on heading over to Jost Van Dyke for the day but ran out of time. I guess we’ll just have to go back sometime! ;)

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — June 28, 2014 @ 11:20 pm

I gotta gotta gotta make this. I just bought a cocktail shaker and 4 art deco martini classes. I am also a coconut NUT. I am jazzed!

Rachel (teacher-chef) — June 30, 2014 @ 7:24 am

We had the most amazing Coconut Cocktail in Costa Rica last summer – it was a cool blended drink (with coconut water, coconut rum, coconut milk & shredded coconut) – this looks like the martini version of the same thing, SO yummy! :-)

Penny — June 30, 2014 @ 8:24 am

What is cream of coconut……..coconut milk? or ? Thanks.