Looking for a simple sweet roll recipe? This is a delicious Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Roll Recipe that will make a fantastic breakfast or brunch recipe.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Roll Recipe
Sweet rolls are great for a special breakfast treat, a Sunday brunch or even a dessert treat. Better than any store bought sweet roll, this is an easy recipe that everyone will love.
What to Serve with Raspberry Rolls
This raspberry roll is perfect no matter when you want to serve it. Enjoy it in the morning with a cup of coffee, in the afternoon chatting with friends, during a brunch or even as dessert. Perfect for anytime. If you want to make this as part of delicious brunch, here are a few other ideas to serve together.
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Variations – Looking for an Easy Breakfast Casserole Ideas? This breakfast casserole is savory and filling. It tastes amazing and it is great for leftovers as well. This breakfast casserole has the perfect combination of eggs and ham
- Ham & Asparagus Casserole – This ham and asparagus casserole is one of the best easy casserole recipes. With just a few ingredients, this cheesy ham casserole is ready in under an hour. Perfect for busy weeknights or even weekend brunch!
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole – This pumpkin breakfast casserole is an easy breakfast casserole that’s perfect for fall or any other time of the year. An ideal Thanksgiving breakfast or fall weekend brunch!
- Nutella Stuffed Pancakes – Nutella pancakes are a deliciously decadent stuffed pancake recipe perfect for a special breakfast. Served with fresh strawberries, they’re perfect for a romantic or holiday brunch too!
- Cherry Almond Bundt Cake – This Cherry Almond Bundt Cake is a light and delicious dessert cake, full of flavor and topped with sweet and tasty cream cheese glaze.
Can Sweet Roll Dough Be Made Ahead
This is a yeast sweet roll dough that takes time to make. It can take about 4 hours of prep time, which means that sometimes, this is best made ahead of time. If you want to make this to serve for brunch, the sweet roll dough should be started the day before. After the sweet roll dough is ready, it can be wrapped well and stored in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, let it come back to room temperature and then it can be baked and finished in time for brunch.
How to Store Raspberry Sweet Rolls with Cream Cheese Filling
When making these raspberry sweet rolls with easy cream cheese frosting, you might find that you have leftovers. If that is the case, you will want to make sure to store the sweet rolls properly in order for it not to spoil. Because of the easy cream cheese filling and frosting, this raspberry sweet roll recipe needs to be stored in the refrigerator. While baked goods can often be left on the counter at room temperature, in this case, whenever there is a cream cheese filling or frosting, it must be stored in the refrigerator. Make sure it is wrapped well to prevent exposure to the moisture and air, which will dry out and spoil the sweet rolls sooner.
How to Make an Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
This cream cheese frosting is one of the easiest cream cheese frosting recipes to make. With only 4 ingredients, cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla, this frosting comes together in no time. Using a mixer, this cream cheese frosting whips together and is light and airy. Much better than a heavy frosting, this cream cheese frosting covers the raspberry sweet rolls with sweet cream cheese goodness.
Can Raspberry Rolls be Frozen
If you find that you will not finish the raspberry rolls in time, you can freeze them for another day. I like to freeze each roll separately so that it is easy to defrost one at a time instead of the whole batch. Freeze the raspberry rolls on a plate or baking sheet first. This freezes the cream cheese frosting before it touches the plastic wrap or freezer bag. This prevents the frosting from coming off on the wrapping. Once the rolls are frozen, move the rolls to plastic wrap or freezer bags. When you are ready to thaw a raspberry roll, remove the wrapping first and then thaw it.
Ingredients in Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Roll Recipe
- cream cheese
- raspberry jam
- confectioners sugar
How to Make Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Roll Recipe
Prepare the rolls. In a bowl combine the water with the yeast and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you have a soft and smooth dough.
Take to an oiled bowl and cover with a cloth. Let it rest until it doubles in size, about 2 hours.
Transfer the dough to a floured surface and with the help of a rolling pin form a rectangle.
Spread the dough with cream cheese and top with jam. Roll the dough and cut it into 8 slices.
Place in a greased and floured pan and cover with a cloth. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take the buns to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
Prepare the frosting. In a bowl, whip the butter with cream cheese until light. Add confectioners sugar and continue mixing until fluffy.
Spread the buns with the cream cheese frosting and serve.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 Cup lukewarm water
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup butter, melted
- 4 ½ Cup flour
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Tsp yeast
- ½ Tsp vanilla
For the filling:
- ½ Cup cream cheese
- ½ Cup raspberry jam
For the frosting:
- ⅓ Cup cream cheese
- ⅓ Cup butter
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the rolls. In a bowl combine the water with the yeast and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you have a soft and smooth dough.
- Take to an oiled bowl and cover with a cloth. Let it rest until it doubles in size, about 2 hours.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and with the help of a rolling pin form a rectangle.
- Spread the dough with cream cheese and top with jam. Roll the dough and cut it into 8 slices.
- Place in a greased and floured pan and cover with a cloth. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take the buns to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Prepare the frosting. In a bowl, whip the butter with cream cheese until light. Add confectioners sugar and continue mixing until fluffy.
- Spread the buns with the cream cheese frosting and serve.
More of my best Recipes:
Easy Pumpkin Bread – This bread is perfect for pumpkin spice season and for any time.
Easy Lemon Blueberry Bread Loaf – When making this lemon blueberry loaf, you are going to love how easy it is.
Delicious Cranberry Orange Bread with Simple Glaze – This yogurt bread is packed with cranberry and orange flavor and it is perfect for the holidays.
Apple Butter Apple Cinnamon Bread – This is the best apple cinnamon bread recipe.
Cinnamon Sugar Donut Sweet Bread – What if you could have Cinnamon sugar donut bread?