Looking for an Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan recipe? One bite and this will be the only way you will make chicken parmesan again. Simple and delicious, you have to try this recipe.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
I love easy meals. I want to be able to have the great tasting meals I love, but I don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen to get them. I know I can’t be the only one. The other issue is, we are busy. We are very busy. Who has time to get it all done and have a great tasting dinner? Well using my slow cooker is a life saving for those very busy days.
This slow cooker chicken parmesan recipe works great when you are looking for a comfort food, want to have a special dinner ready when you are short of time or when you are having guests. Your guests will love the great taste of this chicken parmesan.
What to Serve with this Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken Parmesan is usually served with a side of noodles. If you are looking for a classic combination you can pair the chicken with spaghetti noodles or even angel hair. Don’t forget the garlic bread. If you are looking for a vegetable to serve as well, I would consider a side salad or roasted asparagus. Other ideas are
Once you have finished dinner, if you are thinking about dessert, try having some of these coffee cake recipes.
Variations to Chicken Parmesan Pasta
I love this recipe. I feel like it is the easiest and best tasting chicken parmesan pasta recipe. This is a classic recipe. Made from whole ingredients, like chicken breast, there are simple ways to change this recipe.
- Want to Make a Keto Version? Replace the breadcrumbs with ground pork rinds. Instead of pasta, make vegetable noodles, called zoodles. You will also want a no sugar added pasta sauce.
- Want to Make this Weight Watchers Friendly? If you are trying to cut the fat and calories in this recipe to make it Weight Watchers friendly, you will want to cut back on the cheese and use fat free cheese.
- Use Chicken Thighs: Another option when making this chicken parmesan pasta is to use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
How to Store Chicken Parmigiana Sauce
When I am making this slow cooker chicken parmesan, I use a tradition pasta sauce. I like the flavor it gives and it is convenient to use. When you make this recipe for chicken parmigiana, you might have leftovers. These leftovers are perfect for using for lunch or dinner the next day. In order to store the chicken parmesan, you will want to make sure that it has cooled all the way first. Once cooled, transfer the chicken, cheese, and sauce into an airtight container. Place the container in the refrigerator. The chicken parmigiana sauce will stay good for up to 4 days in the refrigerator if stored properly.
Can Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe Be Frozen
Chicken Parmesan makes a great freezer meal. It can either be frozen directly as a freezer meal or you can freeze the leftovers. If you make this recipe for freezing, after the easy chicken parmesan has been cooked, simply store the chicken parmesan in a freezer bag with the sauce and cheese, or store it in a casserole dish. Disposable dishes work best because then your other pans are not tied up and are unusable. Be sure to wrap the dish in plastic wrap and then wrap it in aluminum foil. Freezer bags work well too because the chicken parmesan will lay flat in the freezer. You can write directly on the freezer bag the name of the recipe and the date it was made.
If you are freezing the leftovers of this recipe, you will want to freeze the leftovers right away. While the chicken parmesan pasta will last several days in the refrigerator, if you will not eat all of the leftovers before they spoil, you will want to freeze them right away.
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- marinara sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- mozzarella cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Chicken Parmesan
Prepare four boneless skinless chicken breasts by trimming fat and patting dry.
Season the chicken with basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides.
In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 – 60 seconds).
Add the chicken, quickly searing each side.
In your slow cooker, pour half of the bottle of marinara sauce.
Add your chicken and cover with the remaining marinara sauce.
Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Cook on high for 3 hours.
In a skillet right before serving, heat up 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the breadcrumbs and cook for a few minutes until crisped.
To serve chicken, top with mozzarella and breadcrumbs. Great over pasta, as a sandwich or on it’s own.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Prepare four boneless skinless chicken breasts by trimming fat and patting dry.
- Season the chicken with basil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 - 60 seconds).
- Add the chicken, quickly searing each side.
- In your slow cooker, pour half of the bottle of marinara sauce.
- Add your chicken and cover with the remaining marinara sauce.
- Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- In a skillet right before serving, heat up 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the breadcrumbs and cook for a few minutes until crisped.
- To serve chicken, top with mozzarella and breadcrumbs. Great over pasta, as a sandwich or on it’s own.
Best Chicken Marsala Recipe for Slow Cooker – An easy but delicious meal to serve to guests or any night you want to treat yourself.
Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker – The best easy slow cooker recipes you’ll ever try.
BBQ Slow Cooker Beef Stew – A hearty and flavorful meal that’s perfect for cold and lazy nights.
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak – Get the taste of take-out right in your home with this slow cooker Philly cheesesteak