Egg Roll in a Bowl
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Do you love egg rolls but don’t love all the calories that come with them? Well, have I got a recipe for you! This Egg Roll in a Bowl is just like your favorite take-out dish, but without all the guilt.
So go ahead and indulge – you deserve it!
This Egg Roll in a Bowl is easy to make and way more delicious than anything you could order from your favorite restaurant.
Plus, it’s healthy and perfect for satisfying any cravings you might have. Give it a try!
Why do I love Egg Roll in a Bowl?
I love Egg Roll in a Bowl because it’s a quick and easy way to enjoy all the flavors of an egg roll without all the guilt. It’s made with sausage, cabbage, carrots, onions, and other veggies for a complete meal that is low in calories.
Plus, you can customize it by adding your favorite spices or sauces. The best part is that it cooks up in just minutes – perfect for busy weeknights! And no matter how you make it, this dish will always be delicious and satisfying. So why not give Egg Roll in a Bowl a try? You won’t regret it!
What Is In Egg Roll In A Bowl?
An egg roll in a bowl is filled with meat like ground sausage, ground chicken, ground beef, or ground turkey. Then it also has veggies such as bell peppers, carrots, onions, and cabbage. It has all the stuff traditional egg rolls have, only it’s not in the fried egg roll wrapper.
Egg Roll in a Bowl Tips
Here are a few tips for making the most delicious Egg Roll in a Bowl:
- Use lean ground chicken (or turkey) for the protein.
- Add plenty of fresh vegetables – cabbage, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and more!
- For extra flavor, add your favorite Asian-inspired sauces or spices.
- Serve with rice or noodles for an extra-filling meal.
- Be creative – this is a great way to use up any leftovers you might have in the fridge!
So there you have it: Egg Roll in a Bowl is an easy and delicious way to enjoy all your favorite flavors without all the guilt. Give it a try tonight and see how much you love it!
- Minced ginger
- Coleslaw mix
- Soy sauce
- Ground sausage or chicken
- Sesame oil
- Minced garlic
- Green onions
How to make Egg Roll in a Bowl:
Step 1. Brown the sausage evenly in a skillet over medium-high heat. Do not drain the excess grease.
Step 2. Stir in the coleslaw mix, and reduce the heat to medium.
Step 3. Mix in the ginger, garlic, and soy sauce.
Step 4. Simmer until the cabbage has softened.
Step 5. Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with green onions before serving.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb. Ground sausage
- ¼ C. Green onions, chopped
- 1 Bag Coleslaw mix
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 4 tsp. Minced garlic
- Brown the sausage evenly in a skillet over medium high heat. Do not drain the excess grease.
- Stir in the coleslaw mix, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Mix in the ginger, garlic and soy sauce.
- Simmer until the cabbage has softened.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with green onions before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Egg Roll in a Bowl Variations
If you’re looking for a new twist on Egg Roll in a Bowl, why not try out some of these fun variations?
- For a spicy dish, add your favorite hot sauce or seasonings.
- If you love garlic, add some minced garlic when cooking the vegetables.
- For an extra flavorful dish, substitute shrimp or pork for the chicken.
- To make it vegan-friendly, use tofu instead of chicken and skip the eggs.
- Add crunchy water chestnuts or bamboo shoots to give it an extra Asian flair.
- Switch up the vegetables and try new combinations – mushrooms, bok choy, and snow peas are all great options!
Does An Egg Roll Have An Egg In It?
No, the filling of an egg roll doesn’t have any eggs in it. However, the wrapper is often made with eggs and flour. We don’t use egg roll wrappers for this recipe, so it is egg free.
What Kind Of Meat Do I Use?
I normally like to use ground sausage, but you can swap it for whatever ground meat you like. Ground pork is also a popular choice. Also, many people like to use ground turkey or ground beef.
What To Eat With Egg Roll In A Bowl?
- Sauce of your choice
- Fried Rice
- Spring Rolls
- Egg Drop Soup
- Or anything else you like!
What Sauce Goes With Egg Rolls?
- Teriyaki sauce
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
Other Easy Chinese-inspired Dinner Recipes That You Might Enjoy:
Instant Pot Cashew Chicken – Bright, colorful, and loaded with tasty ingredients.
Orange Chicken – Tangy and will keep your taste buds super happy!
Pork Potstickers – These go well with egg roll in a bowl too!
Instant Pot Honey Chicken Recipe – Popular because it’s so good!