Instant Pot Risotto with Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for an Instant Pot Risotto Recipe? This recipe will blow you away. It is easy to make and is rich and creamy like a restaurant style risotto. Try this Instant Pot Risotto with chicken.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Easy Instant Pot Risotto with Chicken
When I think of risotto, I think of a creamy rice dish that I love to order when I go out to eat. I was sure I couldn’t make it at home. But when I was craving risotto one night and knew we couldn’t go out to eat, I decided it was time to make a risotto recipe I could make at home, whenever the craving hits. This recipe is so easy, I started making it often, and everyone in the house loves it.
What to Serve with Mushroom Risotto
I love that this dish can easily be the main course. While risotto is normally considered a side dish, with the chicken added to this recipe, it is easily the main course. You can finish it off with a simple side salad or roasted vegetables. Or you can try some of these ideas:
- Roasted Vegetables – Pair the risotto with the roasted vegetables from this salmon recipe.
- Fresh Corn Salad Recipe – Every bite of this fresh corn salad recipe is bursting with black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, tangy lime juice, and seasonings.
You can also set your mind to dessert when you are making this recipe because your pressure cooker is doing all the heavy lifting. I think you will love these delicious ideas.
- Strawberry Pound Cake – Sweet, moist strawberry pound cake is the perfect crowd pleasing dessert! I can’t wait to share with you my favorite strawberry pound cake recipe because I know you are going to be hooked.
- Black Forest Brownies Recipe – These black forest brownies will knock the socks off of any chocolate lover! Rich and decadent, these delicious cherry brownies from scratch are much easier to make than their delightful flavor would have you assume!
- Brown Sugar Pecan Rolls Bread – Brown Sugar Pecan Rolls Bread is sweet, sticky and oh so yummy! Whether you eat them for breakfast, brunch or dessert they’re a tasty treat everyone will want more of.
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – What’s a better dessert – cheesecake or brownies? With these easy Cherry Cheesecake Brownies, you don’t have to choose! Cherry brownies are a tasty twist on a classic brownie.
Variations to Instant Pot Chicken Risotto
Risotto is a very versatile dish. It can easily be made in many different ways. With the addition or subtraction of different flavors, you can create entirely different meals. Here are some of my favorite ways to change this Instant Pot Chicken Risotto.
- Add Pesto: This is an easy recipe for pesto that takes only a few minutes to make. It will taste fantastic in the Instant Pot Chicken Risotto recipe.
- Use Different Meat: While I am using chicken in this recipe, you can easily use steak or pork, shrimp, lobster or whatever meat you like. Ground meat is also a good option.
- Flavors: You can add different spices in this recipe. You can add more or less than what is already called for or simply change it for some of your favorite flavors.
How to Store Pressure Cooker Risotto
After the pressure cooker risotto is done, and you have let it cool, you will want to store it in the refrigerator. Use an airtight container or use the pressure cooker pot and wrap the top in plastic. It is important to make sure the risotto is cooled. Wrapping it and refrigerating it before it is cooled can make it take longer to cool and leave it in the zone that bacteria can grow.
How to Reheat Mushroom Risotto
When you are reheating this mushroom risotto, you can reheat it in the microwave or on the stove top. I prefer to use the stove top when I am reheating a large amount and I usually use the microwave if only heating an individual serving size.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Risotto with Chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Risotto rice
- Chicken broth
- chives for garnish
How to Make Instant Pot Risotto with Chicken
Set the Instant Pot to saute, and pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Once hot, add in the onions and mushrooms, cooking for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Remove the onions and mushrooms from the Instant Pot, and set aside.
Coat the chicken in the rosemary, paprika, oregano, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
Place the other tablespoon of olive oil into the Instant Pot that is still on the saute function.
Add the seasoned chicken into the Instant Pot, and cook to sear on all sides.
Turn the Instant Pot off.
Add the vegetables back into the Instant Pot, and then mix in the risotto rice and the chicken broth. Be sure all of the rice is covered by the broth.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the release valve is set to the sealing function.
Set the Instant Pot to the manual function for 3 minutes. When the cook time is finished, allow the Instant Pot to do a slow release for 7 minutes before turning the release valve to the venting position to release the additional pressure.
Stir the butter and parmesan cheese into the chicken risotto, and top with chopped chives for garnish.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Instant Pot Chicken Risotto
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 3 tsp Rosemary
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ C. Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion diced
- 7 oz. Sliced mushrooms
- 2 C. Risotto rice
- 4 C. Chicken broth
- Chopped chives for garnish
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute, and pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once hot, add in the onions and mushrooms, cooking for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Remove the onions and mushrooms from the Instant Pot, and set aside.
- Coat the chicken in the rosemary, paprika, oregano, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the other tablespoon of olive oil into the Instant Pot that is still on the saute function.
- Add the seasoned chicken into the Instant Pot, and cook to sear on all sides.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add the vegetables back into the Instant Pot, and then mix in the risotto rice and the chicken broth. Be sure all of the rice is covered by the broth.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the release valve is set to the sealing function.
- Set the Instant Pot to the manual function for 3 minutes. When the cook time is finished, allow the Instant Pot to do a slow release for 7 minutes before turning the release valve to the venting position to release the additional pressure.
- Stir the butter and parmesan cheese into the chicken risotto, and top with chopped chives for garnish.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
More Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipes:
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – These succulent Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken wings are finger-licking good!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the easiest, most flavorful chicken noodle soup you’ll ever make!
Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken – Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken is tender, juicy and so full of flavor!