Looking for a Lazy Mans Instant Pot Lasagna recipe? Wait until you try this recipe. This is the easiest lasagna recipe you have ever tried and it tastes simply amazing.
When it comes to pasta dishes, I am not sure if anything tastes as good as lasagna. It is a true comfort food. With the meat and the cheese and how it all comes together, my mouth is watering.
However, sometimes I don’t have the amount of time involved in a regular lasagna. That is why this Lazy Mans Instant Pot Lasagna is ideal.
Lasagna is one of those meals that everyone seems to enjoy. The recipe might vary from one person to another, but over all the flavors are the same and it always tastes amazing.
It is great to make as a freezer meal or to give to someone when they are sick or you just want to make their day a little brighter.
What to Serve with Pressure Cooker Lasagna
What I love about this recipe is that it is easily a one pot meal. However, if you find that you would like to have something else to serve with it, you can try:
- a side salad
- Cheesy Quick Biscuits Recipe
And if you are having this great tasting dinner, you need to make an equally amazing dessert. I recommend:
Can I add Vegetables to my Pressure Cooker Lasagna?
I love finding ways to vary this recipe from one time to the next. Sometimes I like to add vegetables. If you have a fussy eater who might not want to eat their veggies, a meal like Instant Pot Lasagna is ideal.
The small diced veggies are hidden in the meat, noodles, and sauce and no one is ever the wiser. If you love vegetables and want to taste them more, dice the vegetables larger.
Variations to Instant Pot Lasagna
Like I said I love to change a recipe up. In addition to adding veggies to this recipe, you can also try:
- Ground Sausage, turkey or pork: The ground beef in this recipe can easily be switched up to another ground meat. Choose something you enjoy. Ground sausage adds a nice flavor. Another idea is to try hot sausage.
- Skip the Meat: You can also make lasagna meatless. It saves a step and it will taste amazing. This is a great way to have a meatless meal or for someone who doesn’t eat meat.
- Try a Different Sauce: While this is a classic lasagna, using red sauce, you can certainly try it with a different sauce. For an extra rich lasagna, consider alfredo.
How to Prevent Instant Pot Pasta from Sticking
Sometimes when people cook pasta in the instant pot there is a problem with noodles coming out mushy or sticking to the bottom. If your noodles come out mushy it is usually because you have chosen fast cooking noodles. You do not want to use noodles like angel hair in the Instant Pot.
When you are making Instant Pot Lasagna, you want to make sure there is liquid in the pot before adding your pasta. This will prevent the Instant Pot Pasta from sticking. This will help your noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Can I Freeze this One Pot Lasagna Recipe?
Whenever I am looking for a freezer meal, I love making pasta. It is easy to make, it freezes well and it is easy to reheat. This One Pot Lasagna is no exception. You can make this meal and freeze it after it cooks. You can also freeze leftovers in individual servings.
Either freeze the one-pot lasagna in airtight containers or in freezer bags to maintain the freshness.
This is a meal that will work for an easy weeknight meal, a meal for company or guests, or a meal when you just want something stick to your ribs delicious.
Ingredients in Lazy Mans Instant Pot Lasagna
- Ground beef
- spaghetti sauce
- Mini lasagna or bow tie pasta
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Lasagna
Step 1. Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and place the ground beef into it once heated.
Step 2. Once the ground beef is almost completely browned, add in the onions. Cook until the onions begin to soften, and then turn the Instant Pot off, and add in the minced garlic. Stir well, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3. Stir in a jar of spaghetti sauce.
Step 4. Top the sauce and meat mixture with 4 cups of mini lasagna or bow tie pasta.
Step 5. Add the water on top of the noodles, but do not stir. Carefully push all of the pasta down, so that it is under the water completely.
Step 6. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, being sure that the pressure release valve is set to sealing. Using the manual setting, set it to 4 minutes. When the cooking is complete, carefully move the pressure release valve to the venting position to do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
Step 7. Stir in the ricotta cheese.
Step 8. Top the mixture with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and place the lid back on just until the cheese has melted.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 C. Chopped onion
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 25 oz. Jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 C. water
- 4 C. Mini lasagna or bow tie pasta
- 1 C. Ricotta cheese
- 1 C. Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and place the ground beef into it once heated.
- Once the ground beef is almost completely browned, add in the onions. Cook until the onions begin to soften, and then turn the Instant Pot off, and add in the minced garlic. Stir well, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in a jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Top the sauce and meat mixture with 4 cups of mini lasagna or bow tie pasta.
- Add the water on top of the noodles, but do not stir. Carefully push all of the pasta down, so that it is under the water completely.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, being sure that the pressure release valve is set to sealing. Using the manual setting, set it to 4 minutes. When the cooking is complete, carefully move the pressure release valve to the venting position to do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese.
- Top the mixture with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and place the lid back on just until the cheese has melted.
Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake – It’s a hit with kids and adults alike and, bonus, it’s so easy to make!
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars Recipe – This cheesecake recipe goes father when cutting into bars.
Homemade Cream Cheese Biscuits Recipe – The best biscuit recipe you will ever need
Triple Chocolate Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe – Creamy and rich with a strong chocolate flavor!
Homemade Fried Mozzarella Sticks Recipe – homemade mozzarella sticks have a perfectly crispy batter that is beyond delicious.