Who doesn’t love Loaded Potato Salad? With this Loaded Instant Pot Potato Salad Recipe, it takes potato salad to a whole new level. Once you try this baked potato salad, you will use this recipe for every picnic, get together or just as a delicious side for dinner.
I love potato salad. It is the perfect side dish for burgers or chicken on the grill or just because I want something delicious and creamy. When I make loaded potato salad, the basic potato salad recipe goes from delicious to amazing.
Make Loaded Instant Pot Potato Salad
Who would have thought that I would be able to make potato salad in the Instant Pot? I have been absolutely obsessed with my Instant Pot since I got it. I have been making everything in it. I wasn’t sure I would be able to make the same great tasting side dish but I was wrong. This Loaded Instant Pot Potato Salad is phenomenal.
What is Loaded Potato Salad?
What makes this a loaded potato salad? This potato salad has all the same delicious ingredients as regular potato salad, like the potatoes and mayo, but then it also has all of the things you would put on a loaded baked potato like bacon and cheese, with sour cream and green onions. When these ingredients come together, it is like a party in a bowl with all of the best flavors together.
What to Serve with Sour Cream Potato Salad
Potato salad is the perfect side dish. It works for get togethers, picnics, pot lucks and just an easy summer night dinner at home. I am pretty sure this loaded potato salad would go amazing with just about anything. Some of my favorites are:
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
- One Pan/Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Variations to Potato Salad with Bacon
While this is a decadent potato salad with bacon you can change it if you wanted to. Here are a few basic ideas with variations to this potato salad with bacon.
- Turkey Bacon: If you do not eat regular bacon or wanted to lighten this recipe some, you can use turkey bacon instead of pork bacon.
- Red Onions: You can swap the green onions for red onions.
- Hard Boiled Egg: If you want to bring this loaded potato salad a little more like a traditional potato salad, you can add hard boiled eggs.
- Greek Yogurt: Whether you are trying to lighten up this recipe or just prefer Greek yogurt to sour cream, you can replace the sour cream with an equal amount of greek yogurt.
How to Store Baked Potato Salad
After you have made this baked potato salad, you will want to store it in the refrigerator. You want to cool the potatoes in the refrigerator before you finish making the salad, but you will also want to store the potato salad in the refrigerator when you are not eating it. Because of the sour cream and/or mayo this potato salad will spoil easily when left out in the heat. If you are serving this during a picnic or other event, be sure to not leave it out at room temperature for more than an hour or so.
It is important to store the baked potato salad in an airtight container or a bowl wrapped in plastic.
How Long Does Sour Cream Potato Salad Last?
When you make this sour cream potato salad, it should be stored in the refrigerator for up to three to four days. Be sure to store it properly or else the potato salad can spoil faster.
Can Instant Pot Potato Salad Be Frozen?
When it comes to freezing Instant Pot Potato Salad, it isn’t a great tasting idea. When potatoes are frozen they will often get a mushy grainy texture. Potatoes are just something that doesn’t hold up well in the freezer. While this Instant Pot potato salad will stay good in the refrigerator for up to three to four days, I do not recommend freezing it. If you do not think you can finish the potato salad in this amount of time, consider making a smaller batch.
Ingredients In Loaded Instant Pot Potato Salad Recipe
- baby heirloom potatoes
- olive oil
- green onions
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Loaded Instant Pot Potato Salad Recipe
Add oil to instant pot and turn on to saute. Add in the potatoes and roast them for 6-8 minutes, stirring on and off to ensure all the potatoes are lightly roasted.
Remove potatoes and place them in a steamer basket.
Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot inner pot and then place the steamer basket with the potatoes in the pot.
Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing position.
Set to a manual high time for 7 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a quick pressure release.
Transfer potatoes to the refrigerator to cool quickly. When they are cool to the touch, half and quarter the potatoes depending on the size of the potato.
In a large bowl, mix potatoes together with the remaining ingredients.
Season with salt and pepper.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 3 pounds baby heirloom potatoes
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water (for cooking in Instant Pot)
- Add oil to instant pot and turn on to saute. Add in the potatoes and roast them for 6-8 minutes, stirring on and off to ensure all the potatoes are lightly roasted.
- Remove potatoes and place them in a steamer basket.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot inner pot and then place the steamer basket with the potatoes in the pot.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the valve to sealing position.
- Set to a manual high time for 7 minutes. When the cooking time has finished, do a quick pressure release.
- Transfer potatoes to the refrigerator to cool quickly. When they are cool to the touch, half and quarter the potatoes depending on the size of the potato.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes together with remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
More Incredible Recipes To Try:
Ham and Asparagus Casserole – Perfect for busy weeknights or even weekend brunch!
Potato Soup – It’s loaded with cheese for a deliciously creamy and filling slow cooker baked potato soup.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing – This pumpkin bread recipe is an easy pumpkin bread that’s great for sharing