Mexican Street Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Do you love Mexican food? If so, you’re going to love these street tacos! They are easy to make and taste amazing.
Plus, they’re perfect for a summer BBQ. Give them a try today!
If you’re in the mood for some delicious Mexican food, you have to try these street tacos!
They’re easy to make and so tasty. You’ll love the combination of flavors.
Why do I love Mexican Street Tacos?
There are so many reasons why I love Mexican street tacos! First of all, they’re easy to make. You don’t need any fancy ingredients or cooking skills. Just some good-quality tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Another reason why I love street tacos is that they’re perfect for a summer BBQ. They’re light and refreshing, but still filling. And of course, they taste incredible! The combination of flavors is just unbeatable.
If you haven’t tried making street tacos at home, you definitely should. They’re sure to become a new favorite. Enjoy! 🙂
What Are Street Tacos
Street tacos originated in Mexico on the streets where migrants worked and would take the tacos on the go. Street tacos are small and often stuffed with steak and other kinds of meat.
What’s The Difference Between A Street Taco And A Regular Taco?
Street tacos are much smaller than regular tacos. Typical street tacos are made with onions, seasoned meat, and cilantro. They don’t usually come with the extra toppings that traditional tacos do, but you can add whatever you like.
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice
- Skirt steak
- Street taco flour tortillas
- Minced garlic
- Red onions
- Chili powder
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges for garnish
Step 1. Mix together the oregano, lime juice, cumin, soy sauce, chili powder, and 1 tbsp oil in a bowl.
Step 2. Add the steak to the bowl, and marinate for a minimum of 1 hour.
Step 3. Place the remaining oil into a skillet over medium-high heat.
Step 4. Sear the steak in the heated oil until done to your liking.
Step 5. Add the garlic to the skillet, and saute for another 30 seconds. Then, cut to smaller pieces.
Step 6. Place the steak evenly onto the flour tortillas.
Step 7. Top with red onion, cilantro, and more lime juice before serving.
So good 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Mexican Street Tacos
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 ½ lbs. Skirt steak, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Oil , divided
- 12 Street taco flour tortillas
- 3 tsp. Minced garlic
- ¾ C. Red onions , chopped
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- ½ C. Cilantro, Chopped, fresh
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Mix together the oregano, lime juice, cumin, soy sauce, chili powder, and 1 tbsp oil in a bowl.
- Add the steak to the bowl, and marinate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Place the remaining oil into a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the steak in the heated oil until done to your liking.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Place the steak evenly onto the flour tortillas.
- Top with red onion, cilantro, and more lime juice before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Mexican Street Tacos T ips
- To get that authentic street taco flavor, be sure to use good-quality tortillas. I like to use corn tortillas, but you can also use flour tortillas.
- If you want your tacos to be extra flavorful, try grilling the tortillas before filling them. This gives them a nice smoky flavor.
- The toppings are really up to you, but I like to keep it simple with just some diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice. You can also add cheese, sour cream, or avocado if you like.
- If you’re serving these tacos for a party or potluck, set out all of the toppings and let everyone build their own tacos. That way, everyone can customize them to their own taste.
Mexican Street Tacos Variations
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy Mexican street tacos! Here are a few of my favorite variations:
- Tacos al pastor: These tacos are made with spit-roasted pork and are typically served with pineapple.
- Tacos de carnitas: These tacos are made with slow-cooked pork and are often served with lime and orange juice.
- Tacos de pescado: These tacos are made with fish or shrimp and are usually served with spicy salsa.
- Tacos de asada: These tacos are made with grilled meat and are often served with onions, cilantro, and salsa.
- Sour Cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Lime wedges
What To Serve With Tacos
- Refried beans or seasoned black beans
- Mexican rice
- Chips and salsa
- Mexican coleslaw
- Mexican street corn
Can I Use Flour Tortillas Instead?
Yes, you can make this Mexican street tacos recipe with corn or flour tortillas. Authentic street tacos have corn tortillas, but flour is great too.
Can I Store My Leftovers?
Store leftover street tacos unassembled in a sealed container in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, heat the meat in a skillet with a little bit of oil or microwave. Assemble tacos and enjoy!
More Mexican recipes?
Taco Oven Bake – Delicious and easy!
Steak Fajitas – These will make you drool when the aroma hits your nose!
Chicken Taquitos – Crispy, flavorful, and family favorite.
Loaded Steak Quesadillas – Simple and oh-so-tasty!