If you love pico de gallo salsa you are going to absolutely love this recipe. This recipe takes the healthy ingredients of Pico de Gallo Salsa and adds an additional healthy and filling ingredient: Sweet Potatoes. This unique dish is sure to be something you’ll love.
Wait Until You Try This Pico de Gallo Salsa with Sweet Potatoes
So many people love Pico de Gallo Salsa. Some people even use it as a side dish, skipping the chips and dip and just want to eat this deliciously healthy dip. You can make this homemade pico de gallo salsa as a dip, as a side dish, or even as part of the main course.
What to Serve with Homemade Pico de Gallo Salsa
This salsa is so good it can easily be its own meal. I mean really, it is packed with healthy ingredients that will fill you up. Healthy and nutritious, pair this homemade pico de gallo salsa with these other menu ideas:
Serving as an Appetizer or Dip, here are other appetizer ideas:
- Buffalo Shrimp Recipe – These Baked Buffalo Shrimp are a quick and easy shrimp appetizer that’s perfect for holiday parties, game days or even a light dinner! Give this buffalo shrimp a try today.
- Ham And Cheese Pinwheels – These Ham and Cheese Pinwheels, or ham roll-ups, are a kid-friendly appetizer perfect for game days, picnics and more. They can even double as a leisurely lunch for the kiddos too!
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – These succulent Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken wings are finger-licking good! Juicy, tender garlic parmesan wings are super easy to make too!
Serving as a Side dish with dinner, try these ideas:
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter – These Steak Bites with Garlic Butter are an easy steak recipe that you can turn into either a complete meal or serve as steak bites appetizers.
- Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles – Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles is about to become you’re favorite low-carb, easy “melt in your mouth” dinner recipe! It has quickly become one of my go-to steak recipes because it is so amazing!
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs – This Hawaiian chicken kabobs recipe is perfect for those hot summer evenings when you want to relax. Make them for your next barbecue, and you will not be disappointed.
- Chicken Caprese – Chicken Caprese – 30 Minutes or Less Meal is a surprisingly simple meal that’s perfect for any night of the week. And, if you serve it to guests, everyone will be so impressed by the flavor they’ll never realize how easy it was to make!
- One Pan/Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – These One Pan/Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are an easy, tasty weeknight meal made with an easy homemade fajita seasoning.
Turn Pico de Gallo Salsa into a Meal
When you are making this salsa and want to turn it into a meal instead of a dip or side dish you can add meat directly to the salsa. Add ground meat, whether it is chicken, beef or pork. You can also add diced chicken or steak. This can be an excellent way to use up left over meat.
Sweet Potato Benefits
When it comes to sweet potato benefits there are many. This sweet root vegetable is rich in fiber, packed with vitamins like iron, calcium, selenium, B and C Vitamins. When it comes to healthy foods in your diet, sweet potatoes are an excellent choice.
How to Cut Sweet Potatoes
The best way to get sweet potatoes ready to cut, is to start with washing them. Remove any excess dirt and give them a rinse. Then using a pairing knife or potato peeler, cut away the skin. Give the potatoes a rinse again and then you are ready to cut. Next cut the sweet potatoes in half and then cut them into small cubes.
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes
After cutting the sweet potatoes, you will want to drizzle them with oil or use a cooking spray. Salt and pepper the potatoes as you like and then roast them in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and fork tender.
Spicy Sweet Potatoes in a Pico de Gallo Salsa
If you love food with a little spice, you are going to love these spicy sweet potatoes. The sweetness of the potatoes works so well with the bit of heat from the salsa. It gives a sweet and spicy flavor. It also makes this Pico de Gallo a more filling side dish.
Ingredients in Pico de Gallo Salsa with Sweet Potatoes
- sweet potatoes
- black beans
- yellow corn
- Roma tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Pico de Gallo Salsa with Sweet Potatoes
Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Cut the potatoes in half, and then slice into small cubes.
Place the sweet potato cubes on the baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper as needed.
Bake for about 25-30 mins or until golden brown.
In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, black beans, corn, jalapeños, and onions.
Toss to combine.
When the potatoes are done, set them to the side.
They need to cool down to room temperature.
Once cooled toss to combine.
Add the lime juice, garlic and olive oil.
Toss to coat.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (washed, and peeled)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 small can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small can of yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped small
- 2 jalapeños, diced seeds removed
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the potatoes in half, and then slice into small cubes.
- Place the sweet potato cubes on the baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as needed.
- Bake for about 25-30 mins or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, black beans, corn, jalapeños, and onions.
- Toss to combine.
- When the potatoes are done, set them to the side.
- They need to cool down to room temperature.
- Once cooled toss to combine.
- Add the lime juice, garlic and olive oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂