Looking for delicious chicken drumsticks in the oven recipe? This Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Drumsticks recipe is sweet and easy to make. One bite and it will be your favorite baked chicken recipe.
Best Ever Baked Chicken Drumsticks
I love drumsticks. I am able to get them on sale often, and whenever I do, I like to stock up. Drumsticks get a bad rep because most people think there is only two way to make these. Usually, people do plain drumsticks or drumsticks with BBQ sauce. With this recipe, you are not stuck with plain boring drumsticks and it is something different than BBQ sauce. You have to try it to believe it.
How to make chicken drumsticks in the oven without a mess
If you want to make chicken drumsticks in the oven without worrying about the mess, there is an easy trick. When making these drumsticks, the glaze can be hard to get off the baking pan or casserole dish. I like to cover the baking pan with foil. If the foil piece can not cover it all in one piece, overlap the pieces to create a barrier over the pan. Once the chicken is done cooking, simply take the foil off the baking pan. Make sure you have gone up the sides of the pan too, so that there is very little cleanup or scrubbing needed. If you find that some came in through the crack in the foil, scrub it off right away, before it hardens.
How long to bake chicken legs?
With these baked chicken legs, you will want to marinate the chicken, first, for 30 minutes. The chicken cook in the oven for 40 minutes once it has done marinating. It is important to make sure that the chicken has cooked all the way through before eating it. I recommend doing an internal check using a thermometer to test for doneness.
What temperature should chicken be to eat safely?
When you are checking to make sure that the chicken is done it is best to use a thermometer. This will tell you if the chicken is cooked all the way through and that it has reached an internal temperature that has killed any foodborne bacteria that can cause food poisoning. For chicken, it is important to make sure it has reached 165 degrees. To check the temperature, you will want to stick the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone. Try to stop at the middle of the chicken.
Ingredients for brown sugar baked chicken drumsticks
- Chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Worcestershire sauce
- brown sugar substitute
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to make brown sugar glazed baked chicken drumsticks
In a bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, the juice of one lemon, 3 tbsp of Swerve brown sugar substitute, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp basil, 1 tsp of paprika as well as salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the ingredients to combine them completely.
Pour the marinade into a large Ziploc bag, and place the chicken drumsticks inside. Mix the drumsticks into the marinade in the bag, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Bake the drumsticks on a rack for 30 minutes, flip them, and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
More Chicken Recipes
If you love chicken as much as I do, you probably make it often. If that is the case, you might want to make it different because no one wants to hear ” Chicken, again?” Can you hear the whining in that sentence? If that is the case, you will love these other chicken recipes.
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – If you love chicken wings but want a simple way to make them, try this recipe in the Instant Pot and make these great tasting garlic parmesan wings in no time.
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs – If you love kabobs but want a new twist on them, you are going to love these easy chicken kabobs. Paired with pineapple, these chicken kabobs are amazing.
- Crock Pot Whole Roasted Chicken with Summer Vegetables – Cook a whole chicken with barely any effort. Who doesn’t want that? Put this chicken in the crockpot, then set it and forget it.
- Ranch Chicken Wraps – If you have extra chicken from making the crockpot whole chicken, you can use it to make these ranch chicken wraps. Wrap the whole thing in a tortilla and this becomes such an easy dinner, it might be a new favorite.
- Chicken Caprese – If you love the flavors of Caprese, now you enjoy it as a whole meal. Take the classic flavors of Caprese and pair it with chicken for a delicious dinner idea.
- One Pan/Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – I don’t think it gets easier than a one pan meal. In this case, it is a one sheet pan meal. Cut the veggies and put them with the chicken, add some seasoning, you are ready to cook. So simple, and so good, you will love this chicken fajitas recipe.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 lbs. Chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ⅛ c. Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ⅛ c. Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, the juice of one lemon, 3 tbsp of Swerve brown sugar substitute, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp basil, 1 tsp of paprika as well as salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the ingredients to combine them completely.
- Pour the marinade into a large Ziploc bag, and place the chicken drumsticks inside. Mix the drumsticks into the marinade in the bag, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the drumsticks on a rack for 30 minutes, flip them, and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Servings: 5 (Roughly 2 drumsticks per serving)
Here are more of my best recipes:
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry – Tastes so good that it will be love at the first bite.
Chicken Caprese – Simple meal that’s perfect for any night of the week.
Sheet Pan Fajitas – You only need ONE pan to make them, which means that clean-up literally takes seconds!