I’m addicted to this tropical Pineapple Bread Recipe and all its glorious flavors. If you are looking for a dessert-like quick bread that’s sweet, dense, and moist, you’ve found the right place! When you try this pineapple coconut bread, you will be pleasantly surprised by the flavor combinations. It’s topped with a scrumptious toasted coconut and filled with sweet pineapple. What could be better than that? I knew the first time I tasted this Hawaiian bread recipe that it was going to be a family favorite. We can’t turn down those fun flavors, and I doubt you can either.
Hawaiian Coconut Pineapple Bread Recipe
Make this amazing bread for a snack or even a tasty breakfast idea. Making bread for friends and neighbors is always greatly appreciated too! It’s pure deliciousness!
How To Make Hawaiian Bread
This is a terrific Hawaiian pineapple-coconut bread recipe! The only part that’s hard is waiting for the homemade sweet bread to finish baking so you can devour it. Your home will smell like a bakery while it’s cooking too! Yum! Okay, I won’t keep you in suspense any more…plus, I’m getting hungry for this pineapple coconut bread. 🙂
First Step: Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F. Get a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and grease the bottom and sides. Add some flour to prevent sticking. Tap out any excess flour.
Second Step: Using a fine mesh strainer, pour the pineapple chunks in and let it sit and drain in the sink for at least 10 minutes.
Third Step: Bake coconut on a baking sheet for 6-10 minutes until it’s lightly toasted. Be sure to stir it every once in awhile, so it doesn’t burn.
Fourth Step: Add the baking soda, flour, and salt to a medium-sized bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
Fifth Step: Using a stand mixer beat together the butter and sugar at high speed using the paddle attachment. It will take about 3 minutes to become creamy and fluffy. Put in the eggs one at a time and beat. Then reduce the speed to low and add in the flour mixture and sour cream. Be sure to alternate between the flour and sour cream and mix after each addition. Mix until it’s combined.
Sixth Step: Put the pineapple chunks and 1 cup of the toasted coconut into the bread batter. Mix them in then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth out the top using a spatula and sprinkle with coconut on top.
Seventh Step: Bake for 35 minutes then add aluminum foil on top. Bake for an additional 30-35 minutes until it’s done.
Eighth Step: Let the pineapple bread cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Then remove from pan and place on a wire rack so it can finish cooling. Serve and enjoy!
How Do You Know When Bread Is Done?
There are several ways to tell when this pina colada bread is done baking. First, you should be able to take a toothpick and insert it in the middle. If it comes out clean and dry, then it’s finished baking, and you can remove it from the oven. If it’s wet, then it’s not done, and you need to continue baking for a few minutes.
A couple of other things to look for when baking this Hawaiian bread loaf is that the sides should start pulling away from the pan when it’s done. You will also notice that the top of the bread is a golden brown color. Many times when the bread is finished baking, it will develop a crack in the center too.
Lastly, you should be able to take your fingertips and slightly touch the top of the Hawaiian loaf. If you notice that it bounces right back up, then it’s done. Otherwise, if you leave an indent, it needs to keep baking a little longer.
Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Bread Variations
There are a few ingredients that would go perfectly with this recipe. I thought you might like to know about them so you can try out some new things when you feel like it. Take a look:
- Nuts – Chop up some pecans, walnuts, or almonds and add them to the batter before baking. They add a little bit of crunch and a lot of flavor too.
- Cherries – I love the combination of cherries and pineapple. Chop up some cherries and let them drain with the pineapple. Then add them to the batter.
- Mashed Banana – Banana makes the bread even moister. Just start with 1/4 cup of mashed banana, so it’s not too overpowering.
- Cinnamon – Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the bread mixture. I love the spiciness with the citrus flavor of the pineapple. Give it a try; you won’t regret it.
Give Homemade Sweet Bread As A Gift
When the holidays are near, or you are looking for an easy gift, this quick bread is a wonderful option. I like to whip up a couple of loaves for neighbors on occasion. Plus, it’s an excellent way to thank someone for something they have done for you. One thing is for sure if you bring a loaf or two to a friend or family member, their face is going to light up with delight!
How Do I Store Pina Colada Bread?
Ideally, this pina colada bread should be kept in an airtight container with a lid that’s sealed tight. It will last up to 3 days as long as it’s stored properly. Never keep the Hawaiian bread near the stove, dishwasher, or in the sunlight. It will age quickly if you do and you aren’t going to enjoy eating it.
You’ll know that the bread has gone bad if it is moldy, has an odd smell or tastes strange. Don’t keep eating it if you feel that something is off. It’s better to throw it out and make a new loaf instead.
Can I Freeze This Pineapple Bread Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this easy bread recipe. Wrap it up tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Then store it in a plastic storage container or freezer-bag for best results. The bread will last around 3 months in the freezer. It’s great for meal planning!
In my house, this pineapple bread is a staple. Check out some of my other bread recipes too.
- Easy Pumpkin Bread – Great for fall and cool weather. I love to give this out as gifts for the holidays, too, and everyone goes wild.
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Loaf – This is a reader favorite, and once you taste it, you’ll understand why!
- Delicious Cranberry Orange Bread With Simple Glaze – Your mouth is going to water as this one is baking. It smells as amazing as it tastes.
- Apple Butter Apple Cinnamon Bread – This incredible apple cinnamon bread is great for breakfast or a snack. It’s so tasty!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour pineapple chunks into a fine mesh strainer and allow to sit and drain, at least 10 minutes. On a large rimmed baking sheet spread coconut. Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low, and alternately add flour mixture in three parts and sour cream in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Fold pineapple and 1 cup toasted coconut into batter. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65 to 70 minutes (cover pan with foil halfway through). Let cake cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Martha Stewart
Want more delicious bread recipe?
Apple Butter Apple Cinnamon Bread – It is incredibly easy to make and the taste is better than anything you can buy in a store.
Cinnamon Sugar Donut Sweet Bread – You have to try Cinnamon Sugar Donut Sweet Bread to believe it.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe – Looking for a simple chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe? you will love this recipe.
Pumpkin Bread with maple icing – This pumpkin bread recipe is an easy pumpkin bread that’s great for sharing
Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf – Gingerbread loaf is a great fall and winter dessert to serve your family or friends.
Easy Lemon Blueberry Bread Loaf – This is the perfect recipe for breakfast, a snack or dessert.