Who loves a good BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe? This is the best homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe that you can find. Delicious and full of flavor, this sheet pan pizza makes an easy week night dinner or meal for guests.
BBQ Chicken pizza is a great dinner idea. It is so much better than ordering pizza. When you order pizza, you can control the seasoning, you have to wait for it to arrive and it is expensive. You can make this recipe for about the same price as the delivery fee and tip. Easy peasy. NOt to mention, it just tastes better when you make it at home.
What to Serve with this Chicken Pizza Recipe
When you make this chicken pizza recipe at home, you will be saving a ton of money for a lot more food. So why not take that money and use it for some appetizers or dessert. Make it a copycat take out meal. It is cheaper and better and it makes it a special night in. This is a fun idea for movie night or game night.
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – These succulent Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken wings are finger-licking good! Juicy, tender garlic parmesan wings are super easy to make too!
- Buffalo Shrimp Recipe – These Baked Buffalo Shrimp are a quick and easy shrimp appetizer that’s perfect for holiday parties, game days or even a light dinner!
- Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake – This Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake is a sweet but tart cake with delicious cherry frosting and a splash of Dr. Pepper flavor. It’s a hit with kids and adults alike and, bonus; it’s so easy to make!
- Strawberry Pound Cake – Sweet, moist strawberry pound cake is the perfect crowd pleasing dessert! I can’t wait to share with you my favorite strawberry pound cake recipe because I know you are going to be hooked.
- Black Forest Brownies Recipe – These black forest brownies will knock the socks off of any chocolate lover! Rich and decadent, these delicious cherry brownies from scratch are much easier to make than their delightful flavor would have you assume!
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – What’s a better dessert – cheesecake or brownies? With these easy Cherry Cheesecake Brownies, you don’t have to choose! Cherry brownies are a tasty twist on a classic brownie.
How Long Does BBQ Pizza Last
This BBQ pizza will last for about 3 to 4 days after it is baked. Store it in the refrigerator, wrapped, in either plastic or placed in an airtight container. If you will not use this pizza before it spoils, you can also freeze the pizza for up to 5 months.
While many people will say they have left pizza out on the counter overnight, this runs the risk of an increase in food poisoning from foodborne bacteria. You should always keep the pizza in the refrigerator.
Can this Sheet Pan Meal be Made Ahead
If you are trying to save time when it comes to making this BBQ Chicken pizza sheet pan meal, you make it ahead of time. You can get everything assembled and ready to make and then store it in the refrigerator for a few hours to a day. Then when you are ready to eat, simply bake the pizza according to the recipe. This is a great way to have time to be with family and friends instead of being stuck in the kitchen.
How to Reheat the Best Pizza Recipe
When you are ready to reheat the leftovers of this pizza, you can reheat it in the oven. Set the temperature to 400 and allow the pizza to warm through. You only want to keep the pizza in long enough to warm it, making sure it does not over cook the pizza, causing it to dry out or burn. If you are only heating a piece or two or if you are in a hurry to heat up the pizza, you can reheat the pizza in the microwave.
Ingredients in Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- pizza dough
- extra virgin olive oil
- chicken breasts
- BBQ sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- red onion
How to Make Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place an oven rack in the lowest position.
Oil the dough on a baking sheet. Stretch dough into a rectangle big enough to touch the edges of the baking sheet.
Spread 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce onto the dough, leaving a border without sauce, and then sprinkle with the cheese.
In a bowl, toss shredded chicken and red onion with remaining BBQ sauce and spread evenly over cheese layer.
Top with a drizzle of extra BBQ sauce.
Bake on the bottom rack for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and crust is golden.
Garnish with fresh parsley before cutting into squares and serving.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1lb. pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place an oven rack in the lowest position.
- Oil the dough on a baking sheet. Stretch dough into a rectangle big enough to touch the edges of the baking sheet.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce onto the dough, leaving a border without sauce, and then sprinkle with the cheese.
- In a bowl, toss shredded chicken and red onion with remaining BBQ sauce and spread evenly over cheese layer.
- Top with a drizzle of extra BBQ sauce.
- Bake on the bottom rack for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and crust is golden.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before cutting into squares and serving.
Make sure you check our best recipes:
Mini Pizza Bites Pretzels – These mini pizza bites pretzels are delicious and easy to make.
Homemade Fried Mozzarella Sticks Recipe – These homemade mozzarella sticks are filled with gooey cheese and are fried, so they have a crispy coating.
Three Cheese Pizza Nachos with Pepperoni – Don’t worry about calling for take out, with this easy nachos recipe, you can make Italian nachos at home whenever the craving hits.
Corned Beef and Cabbage Eggroll Appetizer – My Corned Beef and Cabbage Eggroll Appetizer is great as an appetizer or use it as a dinner too.