Looking for Juiciest Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe? Then you are in luck. These pressure cooker chicken thighs are so tender and juicy, you will want to make them every night.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs
Chicken is a protein that I always have on hand. While many people love the breast, and so do I, sometimes, I want something different. Chicken thighs are juicier and have a richer flavor. I love trying to come up with new ways to cook boneless chicken thighs. That is why I love to make these pressure cooker chicken thighs.
What to Serve with Chicken
The best thing about chicken is that it goes with everything. I love that I can make a different side dish every time I make it. Here are some of my favorite things to serve with chicken.
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Instant Pot Southern Stuffing
- Oven Roasted Turnips with Thyme and Parmesan
Best Way to Cook Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs can be cooked a lot of different ways. You can roast them in the oven. You can pan fry them. You can cut them into pieces and sautee them. But I think the best way to cook chicken thighs is to use the pressure cooker. Pressure cooker chicken thighs come out with so much flavor, take no time to cook and come out perfect every time. When I make chicken thighs in the pressure cooker, I never have to worry about them tasting dry, over cooked or bland.
Variations to Cooking Chicken Thighs
This is a very basic recipe for cooking chicken thighs. That is because it allows the flavor of the chicken thighs to shine. Since this chicken thigh recipe uses only basic ingredients, it gives a lot of room for variations.
- Change the seasoning– You can use whatever seasoning you enjoy. What ever seasoning you use will bring more flavor to this chicken and will not change how tender and juicy the chicken thighs turn out.
- Add Cheese– Everything is better with cheese. You can add cream cheese while cooking the chicken thighs, add mozzarella or cheddar cheese as the chicken is finished.
- Chicken broth– You can use chicken broth or vegetable broth instead of water to add more flavor
- Use a different cut of chicken– While this is a recipe for chicken thighs, you can certainly use a different part of the chicken. It might not come out as juicy, but it will still come out delicious.
How to Store Boneless Chicken Thighs
After you have let the boneless chicken thighs cool, you will want to store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Take the boneless chicken thighs and place them in an airtight container. I like to store the juice from cooking in the same container as the chicken. I can use this broth to make a sauce, gravy or just to drizzle over the chicken thighs when I reheat them.
How to Reheat Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs
When I am ready to reheat these pressure cooker chicken thighs, I like to reheat them in the oven if I have the time. This allows the chicken to reabsorb the juice and stay tender. If I am pressed for time or only heating up one or two of the chicken thighs, I will use the microwave. When using the microwave, I make sure to add plenty of the juice so that the chicken does not dry out.
How long do boneless chicken thighs last?
The boneless chicken thighs will last in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days when stored properly. If you do not store them properly they will spoil sooner. If you know that you will not be able to eat the leftovers before they spoil, you will want to freeze it right away. Once frozen the boneless chicken thighs will stay good in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Can Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs Be Used as a Freezer Meal
I love making freezer meals. It makes it easy to have a quick home cooked meal when we are running late or having a busy week. To make this a great freezer meal, I like to cook the chicken in a pressure cooker and then after it has cooled, I put it in a freezer bag. The chicken will thaw easily and it will be as juicy and tender as it was when it was first made.
Ingredients in Juiciest Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Make the Juiciest Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe
Step 1. Place the olive oil into the Instant Pot, and set it to the saute function.
Step 2. Mix together all of the seasonings in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the chicken thighs on both sides.
Step 3. Once heated, add the chicken thighs to the Instant Pot, and sear on both sides for 3-4 minutes each.
Step 4. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, and add 1 cup of water to the pot. Turn the Instant Pot off, and scrape the bottom of the pot to get any browned bits of chicken up.
Step 5. Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, close the lid and make sure that the release valve is set to sealing.
Step 6. Set the Instant Pot to manually cook for 8 minutes on high.
Step 7. Once it is done cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 5 minutes, before moving the release valve to the venting position to allow any additional pressure to release.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the olive oil into the Instant Pot, and set it to the saute function.
- Mix together all of the seasonings in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the chicken thighs on both sides.
- Once heated, add the chicken thighs to the Instant Pot, and sear on both sides for 3-4 minutes each.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, and add 1 cup of water to the pot. Turn the Instant Pot off, and scrape the bottom of the pot to get any browned bits of chicken up.
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, close the lid and make sure that the release valve is set to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to manually cook for 8 minutes on high.
- Once it is done cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 5 minutes, before moving the release valve to the venting position to allow any additional pressure to release.
Want More Instant Pot Recipes?
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – Juicy tender Instant Pot wings with a tasty flavor. Great for a game day appetizer.
Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup With Vegetables – A great leftover turkey recipe that is paired with veggies.
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage And Bean Soup – Perfectly smokey sausage with protein-packed beans is the hearty meal you are looking for.
Instant Pot Southern Stuffing – This Instant Pot Southern Stuffing is the best homemade stuffing recipe you’ll ever make!
Instant Pot Mississippi Ranch Chicken – It’s the best 10-minute dinner you’ll ever make!