Asparagus-stuffed Chicken Breasts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe is a delicious and easy meal that is sure to please.
It starts with boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are stuffed with a savory blend of sautéed onions, garlic, and fresh asparagus. The chicken is then baked in the oven, resulting in a juicy, tender, and flavorful dish.
This Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe is sure to be a hit with both adults and kids alike. The combination of flavors creates a delightful balance of savory and sweet, while the asparagus provides a crunchy texture. Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or even a simple salad for a complete meal.
Not only is it a healthy and delicious meal, but it is also a great way to use up those leftovers in the fridge. The possibilities are endless, and the result is always a delicious and satisfying meal.
You will love the flavor of the asparagus and chicken together. Plus, this dish is healthy and low-calorie, so you can enjoy it guilt-free. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Why do I love Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
- Quick and easy to make
- Delicious combination of flavors
- Healthy and nutritious
- A great option for a weeknight dinner
- A versatile recipe that can be adapted for various dietary restrictions
- Can be served with a variety of side dishes to make a complete meal
- Italian seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Stalks of asparagus trimmed
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
How to make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
Step 1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2. In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Step 3. Slice the chicken vertically on the side to form a pocket in each breast. Be careful not to slice the chicken breast all the way through.
Step 4. Mix together 1 Tbsp. olive oil, asparagus, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
Step 5. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil, and sprinkle with the seasonings, 1 tsp of garlic, and lemon zest.
Step 6. Place 3 pieces of asparagus, a ¼ of the sun-dried tomatoes, and a piece of mozzarella cheese into each chicken breast.
Step 7. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to a skillet that is oven-proof over medium-high heat.
Step 8. Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side.
Step 9. Melt the butter in the skillet, and pour in the lemon juice.
Step 10. Place the skillet into the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 Stalks Asparagus , trimmed
- 1 oz. Sun-dried tomatoes, Chopped
- ⅛ tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 4 Slices Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon zest
- 2-3 Tbsp. Lemon juice
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken vertically on the side to form a pocket in each breast. Be careful not to slice the chicken breast all the way through.
- Mix together 1 Tbsp. olive oil, the asparagus, garlic and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil, and sprinkle with the seasonings, 1 tsp of garlic and the lemon zest.
- Place 3 pieces of asparagus, a ¼ of the sun-dried tomatoes, and a piece of mozzarella cheese into each chicken breast.
- Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to a skillet that is oven-proof over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side.
- Melt the butter in the skillet, and pour in the lemon juice.
- Place the skillet into the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts Tips
Here are some tips for making asparagus-stuffed chicken breasts:
- When selecting asparagus, look for spears that are bright green and have tight buds.
- Trim the asparagus by cutting off the woody ends before stuffing.
- Stuff the asparagus in the center of each chicken breast and secure it with a toothpick.
- Bake uncovered on a baking sheet at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or accompaniments like roasted potatoes, rice, or salad.
Following these tips will help you create an asparagus-stuffed chicken breast that is both delicious and easy to make! Enjoy!
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts Variations
Asparagus-stuffed chicken breasts can be as versatile as your imagination. Here are a few variations you can try to give this dish an extra kick of flavor:
- Add cheese like parmesan or goat cheese for a cheesy twist on the classic recipe.
- Substitute asparagus with other veggies such as spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers.
- Mix and match different herbs like oregano, rosemary, and thyme to create a flavorful herb blend.
- Switch up the sauce by using pesto, balsamic glaze, or even buffalo sauce!
These are just some ideas to get you started—feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors to make asparagus-stuffed chicken breasts as unique as you are!
How Do You Make Chicken Not Chewy?
The biggest thing you can do to get juicy, not chewy chicken is not to overcook or undercook it! Or leave it sitting out for too long. You should use an instant-read meat thermometer and put the chicken out when it reaches 160 degrees F. Then let it rest for 5 minutes so the temperature can rise to 165 degrees.
How Long Should I Cook Chicken?
This dish should cook for approximately 15 minutes, but you should use an instant-read meat thermometer to verify it’s done before removing it from the oven.
Can I Freeze Cooked Stuffed Chicken Breast?
Yes, cooked stuffed chicken breasts can be frozen. Let the chicken cool down all the way after cooking. Place in a freezer bag and store. The chicken will last 2-3 months.
How To Cut Breasts For Stuffing?
- Cut a slit in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- Gently spread it apart with your fingers.
- Add the stuffing and bake.
Does Chicken Cook Faster Covered Or Uncovered?
You should cook the chicken uncovered for this recipe. Some dishes need to be covered and then taken off the heat for the last few minutes, but this chicken stuffed with asparagus cooks quickly when left open.
How To Seal Stuffed Chicken Breast
Seal the chicken with wooden skewers or toothpicks to hold it closed.
What Goes With Stuffed Chicken?
- Cheesy potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
- Baked potatoes
- Garlic bread
- Dinner rolls
- Macaroni and cheese
- Roasted broccoli
- Green beans
More Chicken Recipes To Check Out:
Mom’s Butter Baked Chicken – Tender pieces of chicken with lots of flavors.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna – Pure comfort food!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells – One of the best chicken pasta dishes ever!
Roasted Chicken and Veggies – Easy one-pan meal!