Chocolate Cherry Cake Cupcakes
These are the most amazing cupcakes and honestly, I have never tasted another cupcake like it. Rich, delicious and easy to make, these are cupcake you can surprise the family with for a weeknight dessert, send into school for the class, bring to a party, or even a bake sale. These cupcakes are sweet but not too sweet and you will not miss the frosting at all, thanks to the powdered sugar and the chocolate covered cheery on top. These cupcakes are perfect no matter the occasion, or no occasion at all.
How to store chocolate cherry cupcakes
These cupcake cakes can be stored at room temperature. While some cupcakes need to be stored in the refrigerator, there are no ingredients in this cupcake that must be refrigerated. The important thing about these cupcakes when it comes to storing them is to make sure they are covered well in either plastic or an airtight container. This will protect the cupcakes from the air and help them to last longer.
How Long Do Cherry Cake Cupcakes Last?
When you make these cherry cake cupcakes, the cupcakes will last about 4 to 5 days. While storing the cupcakes in the refrigerator can help them last longer, the cupcakes will taste drier when they are stored in the refrigerator.
Can Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes be Frozen
When making these cupcakes, if you have o=more than you can eat before they spoil, you can freeze them to make them last longer. With these cupcakes, I like to freeze them individually so I can take some out at a time. This prevents me from having too many to eat and I don’t have to worry about them spoiling.
How to make chocolate covered cherries
Making chocolate covered cherries is much easier than you think it is. Simply, take the cherries and place them on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Freeze them. Once frozen, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave. Bring the cherries out and dip each one into the chocolate. Shake off any excess chocolate and place it back on the wax paper. Freeze the cherries again until they are hard and the chocolate is set. Add a chocolate covered cherry to the top of each cooled cupcake. You might want to make a few extra cherries because they are hard to resist, and trust me when I saw, you are not going to want to resist.
Ingredients for chocolate covered cherry cake cupcakes
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
How to make chocolate cherry cake cupcakes
In a large mixing bowl mix by hand your cake mix, eggs, oil, and cherry filling.
Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Place cherries on baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in freezer.
Let cupcakes cool completely.
Take your chocolate chips and melt them down in the microwave, using 30-second intervals until completely melted.
Place frozen cherries in chocolate, coating each one completely. Use a fork to shake off excess chocolate and place back on wax paper.
Freeze chocolate covered cherries until hardened.
Sprinkle each cupcake with powdered sugar and place frozen chocolate covered cherries on top.
Serve and enjoy!
More Cake Recipes
- Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake -Wait until you try these pumpkin caramel latte cupcakes. With these two flavors, these fall-inspired cupcakes are phenomenal. With a rich pumpkin taste, these moist cupcakes tastes amazing with the cinnamon frosting and caramel drizzle.
- White Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cupcakes – These white chocolate pecan cupcakes are a whole lot of flavor-packed inside one cupcake wrapper. These are definitely one of a kind cupcake.
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – If you love the taste of pumpkin spice, you will love this pumpkin coffee cake. With an intense pumpkin flavor in every bite, this cake is out of this world.
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake – This moist and delicious lemon blueberry coffee cake is simply mind-blowing. The tangy lemon blueberry dessert will have you begging for more.
- Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – This rich delicious apple cake is made in the Instant Pot, making it an extremely easy dessert to make.
- Strawberry Pound Cake – If you love pound cake and you love strawberries, you are going to love how amazing this strawberry pound cake will be. A delicious twist on a classic pound cake will have everyone asking for the recipe.
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake – What can I say about this cake that the name doesn’t tell you already. Delicious and easy, you are going to want to make this pumpkin over and over.
Looking for a delicious Chocolate Cherry Cake Cupcakes recipe? I am telling, you need to try this one. Not only are these moist chocolate cupcakes, but they each also have a chocolate covered cherry on top. You will have everyone asking pretty please with a chocolate covered cherry on top.
- 1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 of a cup of Oil
- 1 can of Cherry Pie Filling
- Cherries (with or without stems)
- 1 cup of Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl mix by hand your cake mix, eggs, oil, and cherry filling.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place cherries on baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in freezer.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Take your chocolate chips and melt them down in the microwave, using 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Place frozen cherries in chocolate, coating each one completely. Use a fork to shake off excess chocolate and place back on wax paper.
- Freeze chocolate covered cherries until hardened.
- Sprinkle each cupcake with powdered sugar and place frozen chocolate covered cherries on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chocolate cherry cake
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂