Easy Sausage Fried Rice
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Do you love fried rice and want to make it at home? This sausage fried rice is easy to make and the taste is amazing. You are going to love learning how to make fried rice at home.
Fried rice is one of those staples that is so easy to make. I know that I have made so many different versions but this is the easiest by far. You will possibly already have everything that you need to make this Easy Fried Rice right in your kitchen. Variations to Tasty Fried Rice
My favorite rendition of fried rice has sausage as the meat. My veggies of choice are peas, carrots, and onions. All of these flavors together just mesh along with the egg and, of course, soy sauce and garlic. The sausage gives a flavor that I absolutely love but is always optional in this fried rice. I have made it both ways and have enjoyed every single bite.
If you are looking for ways to change this recipe, you can consider:
- Different Meat: You can change the sausage to whatever meat you like. You can use diced chicken, steak, ground beef, diced pork chops or even ham.
- Vegetarian: If you want to make this a meatless meal, it will taste just as delicious. This is a great idea for pairing this tasty fried rice with any meat.
- Use Leftovers: When you are making this dish, it can be a great way to use leftovers. If you have leftover meat or veggies, add it to this fried rice as a way to create a new meal with them.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
What to Serve with Tasty Fried Rice
This makes a delicious side dish or a main meal. That is the beauty of it. It is easy to make it exactly what you want. Consider serving it with:
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Favorite Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
How to Make Fried Rice
A wok is definitely preferable for making foods like this, but if you do not have one, a skillet will work. There is just something about being able to saute the garlic and onion up in a wok that I love.
Lots might not say fried rice as comfort food but for me, it’s up there on the list. Making a filling meal all in the same pan is also a win!
All of the flavors mix so well together when they are combined in the sesame oil. Adding in the egg is one of my favorite parts as well because really you can add as little or as much as you want.
The best part of making this fried rice recipe is you can make it your own and it will still taste amazing.
What is the Best Rice for Fried Rice
When making fried rice, the best rice to use is a medium to long-grain rice. This gives fluffy sturdy rice that doesn’t clump together or fall apart once it is fried. You do not want to use sweet rice or sushi rice because this rice tends to stick together and gets too soft when cooked. If you want your fried rice to be like take out fried rice, you will want to use the medium or long grain rice.
Use cooked chilled rice. The best rice to use for fried rice is day-old rice. When the rice has cooled and sat overnight, it gives the rice a chance to firm up. This prevents the rice from getting mushy. If you need to make the rice the same day you can decrease the water slightly or freeze the rice for a few hours before using it for the fried rice.
Inexpensive Egg Fried Rice for a Crowd
Recipes like this are also amazing when it comes time to feed a crowd of people. It is not super expensive to get all the ingredients to make. This means that the cost per serving is low and you won’t come out of pocket a lot if you are having a big get together. In this case, you could even make two separate versions of this Easy Fried Rice. One of the dishes could have the sausage and then the other could be meatless. So many options are there!
Have you ever made a fried rice dish before with sausage? It’s not your typical meat that you see on a menu but it packs so much flavor! I hope that you give this a try and let me know how you like it.
Ingredients in Sausage Fried Rice
- cooked rice
- sesame oil
- peas and carrots
- soy sauce
- Optional: yellow, red pepper cut into small pieces
How To Make Sausage Fried Rice
Step 1. In a large pan or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, and cook until tender.
Step 2. If using sausage, add it to the pan and cook until thoroughly warmed through.
Step 3. Add the peas/carrots and cook until warmed.
Step 4. Slightly beat the eggs. Move the contents of the pan to one side and add the eggs. Continue cooking until eggs are cooked through. Chop them up and incorporate the eggs into the mixture.
Step 5. Add the rice and soy sauce to the pan, and incorporate well. You may want to add more soy sauce, depending on your tastes.
Step 6. Allow everything to warm together for a few minutes
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Easy Sausage Fried Rice
- 6 cups of cooked rice, 3 cups of dried rice
- 3 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 small can of diced peas and carrots, 8.5 oz
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- Optional: 1 sausage link, diced
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a large pan or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, and cook until tender.
- If using sausage, add it to the pan and cook until thoroughly warmed through.
- Add the peas/carrots and cook until warmed.
- Slightly beat the eggs. Move the contents of the pan to one side and add the eggs. Continue cooking until eggs are cooked through. Chop them up and incorporate the eggs into the mixture.
- Add the rice and soy sauce to the pan, and incorporate well. You may want to add more soy sauce, depending on your tastes.
- Allow everything to warm together for a few minutes and enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Want More good Recipes:
Instant Pot Apple Pepper Jelly Recipe – This jelly would be perfect to serve with crackers
Three Cheese Pizza Nachos with Pepperoni – You can make Italian nachos at home whenever the craving hits.
Gooey Bacon Cheese Dip Recipe – Filled with real bacon and cheese, this dip is perfect for game day, pot lucks, or anytime you just want an ooey-gooey cheese dip.
Buffalo Shrimp Recipe – Give this buffalo shrimp a try today.
Mini Pizza Bites Pretzels – These mini pizza bites pretzels are delicious and easy to make.