Looking for a light summer salad that makes the perfect meal on a hot day? Light and refreshing, this Summer Kidney Bean Salad Recipe makes a great meal or side dish.
No Cook Summer Dinner – Summer Kidney Bean Salad Recipe
While this is being called a summer dinner, it is actually great all year round. It’s called a summer salad because the vegetables in the salad are in season during the summer. The salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and can easily be used as a main course. Packed with protein and vitamins, this kidney bean salad is a must have recipe.
What to Serve with Easy Bean Salad
This easy bean salad is great for a side dish, lunch or dinner or even for picnics. If you making this salad for a picnic recipe, you can also serve it with:
- Fresh Corn Salad Recipe – Every bite of this fresh corn salad recipe is bursting with black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, tangy lime juice, and seasonings.
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe – This is the best macaroni salad recipe ever! Every bite of this cold pasta salad is perfectly seasoned with dijon mustard and mayonnaise sauce.
- Tomato and Watermelon Salad – This Tomato and Watermelon Salad may scream “summer,” but it’s a refreshing side salad or light lunch any time of the year!
If you are serving this salad as a side dish for dinner, you can serve it with:
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak – Get the taste of take-out right in your home with this slow cooker Philly cheesesteak. Who am I kidding, this is way better than take-out any day!
- Garlic Herb Potatoes and Steak Skillet – You can’t find a more filling and hearty meal than this skillet garlic butter herb steak and potatoes recipe. Sometimes you just get a craving for some protein, and this dish fits the bill.
- Instant Pot Shawarma – This scrumptious Instant Pot shawarma recipe tastes so amazing; you can’t get enough. When I think of pork shawarma, my mouth will literally begin to drool.
- Seared Ribeye Steak With Red Wine Pan Gravy – Seared ribeye steak with red wine pan gravy is a meal you won’t soon forget. Have you ever made steak in a skillet? If not, you are in for a real treat with this delicious pan seared ribeye steak.
Variations to Mexican Bean Salad
With this recipe, it is really easy to change things around. You can try:
- Add Chicken: If you want to make this a main dish and feel like it needs to have meat, simply add diced chicken or even sliced steak. It is a simple way to use leftover meat to get another meal out of it.
- Switch the Veggies: You can also change the vegetables around in this salad. While these are bright and fresh veggies that are in season during the summer, you can use whatever you want. I like asparagus in this recipe sometimes.
How to Store Vegan Bean Salad
Once you have made this vegan bean salad, you will want to store it in the refrigerator. Make sure it is an airtight container or in a bowl that is wrapped well with plastic wrap. You want to keep it protected from the air and moisture so that it does not spoil sooner.
How Long Does Summer Salad Recipes Last?
Usually, this salad should stay good in the fridge for about 5 days. This is when it is stored properly. The time will change depending on how fresh or over ripe the vegetables are when you make the salad and how long it is stored at room temperature.
Can this Easy Bean Salad be Frozen
While you can freeze this easy bean salad, you might not like the way it changes the texture of the veggies. If you have ever noticed that even flash frozen vegetables have a different texture than fresh. So while this salad can be frozen, it will change the texture.
Ingredients in Summer Kidney Bean Salad Recipe
- Kidney beans
- Fresh, canned or frozen corn
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Chili powder
How to Make Summer Kidney Bean Salad Recipe
Place the cherry tomatoes into a large mixing/serving bowl.
Add the chopped cucumber into the bowl with the tomatoes.
Pour in the chopped red bell pepper.
Mix in 1 cup of cooked corn either fresh, frozen or canned.
Add in one can of kidney beans to the bowl. Make sure that the beans have been thoroughly rinsed and drained.
Stir the ingredients together to combine well.
In a separate small bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, olive oil, chili powder, and cumin. Mix the ingredients with a whisk until they are combined well.
Pour the chili vinaigrette over the bean salad mixture, and stir to combine.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 can Kidney beans (washed and drained)
- 1 c. Fresh, canned or frozen corn
- 2 c. Cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ Cucumber cut into pieces
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ¼ c. Red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- Place the cherry tomatoes into a large mixing/serving bowl.
- Add the chopped cucumber into the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Pour in the chopped red bell pepper.
- Mix in 1 cup of cooked corn either fresh, frozen or canned.
- Add in one can of kidney beans to the bowl. Make sure that the beans have been thoroughly rinsed and drained.
- Stir the ingredients together to combine well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, olive oil, chili powder and cumin. Mix the ingredients with a whisk until they are combined well.
- Pour the chili vinaigrette over the bean salad mixture, and stir to combine.
- Serve chilled.
Check these recipes too:
Ham And Cheese Pin Wheels – Absolute Yum!
Buffalo Shrimp – Kids friendly!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes – A true comfort food meal!
Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles – Garlic Butter Steak with Zucchini Noodles is about to become you’re favorite low-carb, easy “melt in your mouth” dinner recipe!
Steak Bites – These Steak Bites with Garlic Butter are similar to the Garlic Butter Steak recipes you may know and love, just easier to make.